Growers Express, a company that supplies vegetables to brands like Green Giant, Trader Joe's, and Signature Farms, announced a recall. The recall covered several vegetables.
They fear that those vegetables might be contaminated with listeria. The packages include butternut squash, zucchini, cauliflower, and veggie bowls.
The recalled packages come from a production facility in Biddeford, ME, and were distributed to grocery stores nationwide.
Per the recall, select packages of the following vegetables should not be consumed:
- Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Sweet Potato Crumbles
- Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles "Fried Rice" Blend
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Diced
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Cubed
- Green Giant Fresh Ramen Bowl
- Green Giant Fresh Butternut Peeled
- Green Giant Fresh Zucchini Noodles
- Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Spirals
- Trader Joe's Zucchini Spirals
- Signature Farms Cauliflower Crumbles
Most of the affected products have a "Best If Used By" date between June 26 and June 29, 2019. For a full list of stores and states affected, check the FDA's announcement.
This recall does not cover any Green Giant canned or frozen vegetable products.
There have been no reported illnesses thus far, but stores have been advised to remove any remaining product from this recall from shelves. If you have this in your fridge, you should throw them out.
Listeria can cause infections and is especially dangerous to young children, the elderly, and anyone else with a weakened immune system. Symptoms include fever, severe headaches, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.