A tragic attack has just rocked the northern region of Syria. Multiple people have been reported dead and terrorists are now speaking out to claim responsibility for the deadly blast.
According to reports from the NY Times, American troops were among 15 people killed on Wednesday in a suicide bombing in northern Syria that was claimed by the Islamic State, just weeks after President Trump ordered the withdrawal of United States forces with what he declared the extremist group’s defeat.
"The attack targeted a restaurant in the northern city of Manbij where American soldiers would sometimes stop to eat during their patrols of the area, residents said. After the blast, a number of Americans were evacuated by helicopter, they said. It was not immediately clear how many had been in the area at the time of the blast," reported the NY Times.
The President has reportedly been briefed on the situation. The news comes just days after controversial military decisions were announced by the Trump administration. However, President Trump has been open about his willingness to do whatever it takes to make sure ISIS is defeated for good.
“U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today,” said the statement from the Baghdad-based American HQ, which was posted on Twitter. “We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time."
Join us as we pray for the families of the victims. We also pray for an end to terror around the globe as well as for the safety of all our men and women in uniform. May God bless and protect them each day as they fight for freedom around the world.
What do you think about this? Let us know! Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section of our Facebook page. We truly appreciate your readership! Be sure to stay caught up on the latest news with our trending articles. Today's trending article is: Tragic Accident Kills 3 Television Stars, Experts Trying to Recover Their Bodies in Oregon