The famed pastor and evangelical legend, Billy Graham, peacefully passed away on Wednesday morning. It was reported that he died at his home in the early morning hours, surrounded by his family.
At the time of his death., Graham was 99 years old. His 100th birthday was due this November. Recently, Franklin Graham revealed he had been battling some health issues.
Although Graham was known throughout the world and is arguably one of the most famous preachers ever, there are still some things a lot of people don't know about Graham. Read our top 5 facts about the late Billy Graham below, as written by the Christian Post:
1) "Billy Graham and Martin Luther King Jr. were close friends who boldly took a stand to end segregation in the United States."
2) "When asked his secret, having been married 54 years to the same woman, he said: 'Ruth and I are happily incompatible.'"
3) "Graham is known as the 'pastor to the presidents' and has had relationships with over a dozen presidents, attending the inaugurations of six presidents and delivering the invocations for both George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
4) "Although he's never been No. 1, Graham was consistently listed on Gallup's poll of the '10 Most Admired Men in the World.'"
5) "'I was opposed to evangelism,' Billy Graham once said. 'But finally, I was persuaded by a friend to go to a meeting and the spirit of God began to speak to me as I went back night after night. One night, when the invitation was given to accept Jesus, I just said, 'Lord, I'm going.' I knew I was headed in a new direction.'"
What do you think about this? Please send your prayers for the Graham family and let us know your thoughts. Also, be sure to read our viral article about the final social media post Graham made just hours before his death.