Suspect in Maryland Shooting Captured; Why Did He Do It?

October 19, 2017Oct 19, 2017

On Wednesday, a man killed 3 people and injured 2 in a workplace shooting in Maryland. The suspect escaped and later injured another man in a separate shooting in Delaware, reported ABC News.

The three people were the co-workers of Radee Labeeb Prince, 37. He is accused of killing them and injuring two others in Maryland before wounding another acquaintance in Delaware. He’s being held on $2.1 million cash bail following his arraignment in court Thursday morning.

Prince has been charged in Delaware with “attempted murder, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession or control of a firearm by a person prohibited and carrying a concealed deadly weapon.” He pleaded not guilty to all four charges, reported ABC News.

In the meantime, his $2.1 million cash bail hasn’t been paid, so he’s being held. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on Oct. 31 at 8:30 a.m. ET.

Authorities in Maryland are also expected to seek Prince's extradition. That would charge him with the additional murder of three individuals at the kitchen countertop business where he was employed.

Prince allegedly opened fire on employees at Advanced Granite Solutions in Edgewood, Maryland, on Wednesday morning. There he shot and killed three people.

On Facebook on Wednesday night, the Harford County Sheriff's Office released the names of the three diseased. They were Bayarsaikhan Tudev, 53, of Virginia, Jose Hidalgo Romero, 34, of Aberdeen, Maryland, and Enis Mrvoljak, 48, of Dundalk, Maryland.

The two other employees who were shot are being treated at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center. They are still listed as in critical condition.

Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler explained the situation in a press conference. He said Prince used a single handgun to target the company where he had been an employee for the past four months. He is believed to have acted on his own.

"We know he worked here," said Gahler on Wednesday. "He was scheduled to be at work today."

The sheriff also speculated on the motive.

He said, “We think it ties into the relationship here at work. ... I do believe he's targeting for a specific reason and not general."

Gahler called the deadly shooting "one of the most heinous acts we've ever seen in our county."

A bystander shared his story with ABC News. Kevin Doyle, 47, said he was in a parking lot near Advanced Granite Solutions when he saw three employees dash out of the building with a "look of terror" on their faces. That happened around 9 a.m. ET on Wednesday morning.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office, along with the FBI, is investigating the shooting. At this time, they do not see any indication that it was terrorism.

After he escaped the fatal shooting in Maryland, Prince turned up at a used car lot in Wilmington, Delaware. He non-fatally shot a person who he allegedly “had beefs” with.

The shooting occurred less than two hours after the first. The individual was shot twice—once near the head and once on his body. He is expected to survive.

Police finally arrested Prince on Wednesday night after a short foot chase in Newark, Delaware. A gun was also recovered.

“Authorities had received a tip that the suspect had been seen in a neighborhood there. State and local law enforcement officers, as well as federal agents, descended on the area, fanning out to look for Prince,” reported ABC News.

This isn’t Price’s first brush with the law. He as an extensive criminal history with 15 felony convictions and four misdemeanor convictions in Delaware.

Please pray for the victims of the shooting and their families. Pray that those who are in critical condition may recover from this senseless violence and that God will comfort those who lost loved ones. 

In other news, a NFL team owner just bashed President Trump. 

Next: NFL Team Owner Bashes Trump Amid National Anthem ControversyOct 19, 2017