If you purchased Ragú recently, you might want to return that jar. The owner of Ragú is recalling some of its jars of pasta sauce over the possibility that they may contain plastic fragments, according to the company.
Mizkan America, a Japanese owned food company that purchased Ragú in 2014, said Saturday it has no reports of injuries or complaints. However, they decided to the recall voluntarily “out of an abundance of caution.”
The affected products are:
- 45-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 6, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 5, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce chunky tomato, garlic & onion, with a June 6, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce old world style traditional, with a June 4, 2020, best-by date
- 66-ounce old world style meat, with a June 5, 2020, best-by date
The sauces were distributed nationally. They were made earlier in June.
“Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a refund," said retailers.
Customers can also contact Mizkan America for a replacement coupon and to have any sauces picked up for further examination, the company said.