Pro-Athlete Found Dead in Hotel Room at the Age of 28

america
April 07, 2019Apr 07, 2019

Pro-golfer Arie Irawan has passed away unexpectedly at the age of 28. According to reports, Irawan was found dead in his hotel room while competing in a PGA tour on Hainan Island in the South China Sea. 

The final round of the PGA Tour Series-China Sanya Championship was canceled on Sunday after Irawan was found. His roommate, Kevin Techakanokboon, discovered that Irawan was unresponsive in his bed. 

"This is just a terrible tragedy that affects all of us who are part of a very tight-knit family here in China," tour executive director Greg Carlson said in a statement. “Arie played with us in 2018, his first full year on our Tour, and I know he was excited about this season as he continued his professional golf pursuits. We are incredibly saddened by this news, and we extend our sincere condolences to his wife and family.”

While there has not been a completed report by the coroner, it appears that Irawan died of natural causes. After the golfer had been found in his bed, fellow golfers began CPR before medical professionals arrived. He was pronounced dead "after 45 minutes of continued revival efforts."

Irawan's impressive golf career included him graduating from the University of Tulsa and Turing pro in 2013. He was also once the winner of the PGA Tour Series-China. The declared winner of Sunday's PGA Tour-China was American Trevor Sluman.

"My heart goes out to Arie's family and his beautiful wife, Marina," Sluman said. "Along with the rest of the tour, we are thinking about them at this time. It's very bittersweet today, and I think the rest of the year will be dedicated to Arie and the impact he had on this tour."

Our hearts go out to all of his loved ones and those affected by his sudden passing. Please share your prayers and thoughts on this on our Facebook page.

In other recent news, Fisher-Price is issuing a major warning to customers after 10 infants have died using their product.

Next: Fisher-Price Warns Customer After 10 Infants Die While Using Popular ProductApr 06, 2019