Palace Releases Statement on Heartbreaking News About Meghan Markle's Father

family
May 14, 2018May 14, 2018

On Monday morning, the surprising news broke that Meghan Markle's father would not be attending the royal wedding on May 19th. Fans were left in complete shock about the news.

Previously, several reports said that her father would be walking her down the aisle. However, according to TMZ, her father, Thomas Markle, confirmed that he won't be attending the wedding.

He told TMZ that he suffered a heart attack less than a week ago. He reportedly checked himself out of the hospital, and he was still planning to go the wedding until Markle faced an extensive amount of backlash from the media over an unrelated incident.

Markle has been painted negatively by the press, and he tried to revamp his image by staging paparazzi photos. He received $135,000 for the photos, but he claims it wasn't done for money.

TMZ reported that he will now skip the wedding to spare his daughter and the royal family embarrassment.

According to Reuters, Kensington Palace released a statement on behalf of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle later on Monday. Prince Harry asked for understanding and respect for the actress’ father.

“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding,” Kensington Palace said in a statement. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”

A Kensington Palace spokeswoman declined to comment on the report or to confirm whether Markle’s father would be at the ceremony to walk her down the aisle as planned.

In other news, First Lady Melania Trump has been hospitalized for a major surgery. Please join us in praying for her.  

Next: First Lady Melania Trump Hospitalized For Major SurgeryMay 14, 2018