'Game of Thrones' Actress Ends Engagement to Fiancé After 11 Years Together

family
November 21, 2018Nov 21, 2018

Natalie Dormer of "Game of Thrones" and "Elementary" fame has split from her fiancé. She and director Anthony Byrne have ended their engagement and gone separate ways reported PEOPLE.

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1065332825535250432

Dormer and Byrne had been together for 11 years when they split over the summer. According to the New Statesman, “they’ve parted ways since promoting the film [In Darkness] this summer.”

Dormer and Bryne first met on the set of "The Tudors" in 2007. They started dating shortly afterward.

Bryne proposed to Dormer in 2011 while on a boat in India. It's not clear why they never married.

https://twitter.com/enews/status/1065291470926684160

The reason for the split remains unclear. However, Dormer, 36, did reveal that it was difficult working with her fiancé on a movie.

“It’s tough!” Dormer said. “I don’t know if you’ve ever been in a writing room but I wouldn’t recommend it with your other half.”

Bryne also spoke honestly about the strain working together put on their relationship.

https://twitter.com/BernieElla3/status/1065347503153995777

“Well, we learned quickly, but we didn’t learn from our mistakes,” he told The Hollywood Reporter. “Because we didn’t have an office or anything, we were in our own home writing, and then it would all kick off because we would disagree about something fundamentally or I would be a pain in the a– and I would challenge Nat, or myself. It’s very easy to go, ‘Oh, don’t worry about that, it’s going to be fine,’ and you have to police that and in doing so you end up being the bad guy and end up having massive arguments.”

Our condolences to the couple. May they both find happiness with other people.

Next: 'Little House on the Prairie' Star Sadly Passes Away, Cast in Mourning Nov 14, 2018