A breaking news event is currently unfolding in New Hampshire. Over a dozen patients are being treated after an unknown chemical was released in a hospital.
“Kingston Fire said it has sent two ambulances to a report of some sort of "chemical release" in the emergency room at Exeter Hospital. They said about 20 people are being treated in the parking lot,” according to NBC in Boston.
A helicopter is currently flying around the scene and over a dozen people can be seen in the parking lot on stretchers. At this time, there is no further information about what the mysterious chemical is or how it was released.
“A hospital spokeswoman told the Union Leader that staff and patients began complaining of dizziness and nausea around 11:15 a.m. The emergency room and operating room are currently closed but the rest of the hospital is still open,” reported NBC.
Some initial reports think it may possibly be a carbon monoxide issue, although that has yet to be confirmed. One patient reported that staff told her the Emergency Department was the only affected area of the hospital.
We will do our best to bring you more information as this story unfolds. At this time, please join us in praying for the safety and health of all those who are affected.
Let us know your thoughts about this story in the comments section of our Facebook page! Also, be sure to read our latest article about a major nationwide restaurant that is closing over a hundred of their locations.