Mom Speaking Out After Baby Scalded by Garden Hose in Extreme Summer Sun

america
August 07, 2018Aug 07, 2018

Summer months are some of the best times in the whole year. Especially when kids are out of school, parents can enjoy relaxing at home while kids keep themselves busy playing outside in the hose or in a backyard pool.

However, a scary news story is making headlines that is causing parents across the world to take notice. A young child was just severely injured while playing with the garden hose.

"Las Vegas emergency officials are warning parents about a summertime risk to children in hot climates. Two years ago, a baby in Las Vegas was scalded by burning water that came from a garden hose that had been left sitting out in the sun. Knowing this could be a recurrent danger as the weather warms, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue issued a fresh warning about the risk Tuesday," reported CBS News.

Some experts have researched the potential dangers of hoses left out in the sun. They believe that temperatures can even exceed 130 degrees!

"Here in Las Vegas, a garden hose exposed to direct sunlight during summer can heat the water inside the hose (not flowing) to 130-140 degrees which can cause burns especially to children & animals," reported the local fire department.

They are encouraging people to simply take some extra precautions before getting in the water. By letting the hose run for a few moments before touching it you allow the hot water to be pushed out of the hose and then you can cool off. Make sure to surprise your kids so they do not get burned! This could be serious.

What do you think about this? Let us know! Be sure to read our breaking news story about the television star who was just found dead in a ditch.