The highly-anticipated royal wedding will take place this Saturday, May 19th. Only days ahead of the big day, Meghan Markle’s father made an unexpected announcement that left many royals fans in shock.
Previously, several reports insisted that Meghan’s father, Thomas Markle, would walk her down the aisle symbolically giving her away to her future husband Prince Harry. However, Markle confirmed on Monday that he will no longer be attending the upcoming wedding.
Markle told TMZ that he suffered a heart attack less than a week ago. He reportedly checked himself out of the hospital and was still planning to go the wedding until Markle faced an extensive amount of backlash from the media over an unrelated incident.
It’s no secret that Meghan’s dad has been painted in a very negative light by the media. In an unsuccessful attempt to revamp his image, Markle staged a shoot with the paparazzi that showed him getting his fitting done before the wedding ceremony.
He was accused of staging the photo shoot for money, which he allegedly received $135,000 for. According to Fox News, Meghan’s estranged sister Samantha admitted to being behind the photo stunt, but not for money.
She told the media that she was actually trying to save her father’s image. However, Mr. Markle was ashamed after the news went public; therefore, he announced that he will skip the wedding to spare his daughter and the royal family embarrassment, reported TMZ.
Meghan or the royal family has not yet responded to this new report.
What do you think about this royal wedding update? Share your thoughts in our Facebook comments.
In breaking news, an award-winning sports icon passed away after suffering from dementia.