Over 100 People Fall Ill With Horrible Parasite After Eating Popular Menu Item at McDonald's

consumer
July 13, 2018Jul 13, 2018

McDonald's is one of the most popular fast food chains around the globe and since its beginning in 1940, has only continued to increase in success. Consumers feel that they can always count on fast pickup time, a bulky dollar-value menu, and the restaurant's infamous Big Mac and McFlurries.

Now, however, many people aren't "lovin' it" as much as they used to. That's because many people are getting extremely sick from a popular item on McDonald’s menu. On Friday morning, ABC reported that at least 100 people have gotten sick with a parasite after eating at McDonald’s.

According to reports, dozens of people have gotten a parasite that causes intestinal issues. Officials believe that that there could be a link to McDonald’s salads.

So far, the cases have only popped up in Illinois and Iowa. The Illinois Department of Public Health confirmed that at least 90 cases of cyclosporiasis were found. The Iowa Department of Public Health confirmed at least 15 cases.

Both departments also mentioned that the restaurant was fully cooperating with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Food and Drug Administration, as well as the state health officials.

The cases in Illinois go back to mid-May, while the cases in Iowa go back to late June.

At this point, over 100 people have already fallen sick from this parasite. People become infected through any consumption of something that contains the microscopic parasite. Symptoms could include diarrhea, weight loss, intestinal pain, nausea, and fatigue.

Please be praying for those infected with this parasite. Hopefully, the case is resolved soon and the food causing it can be fixed! Meanwhile, think about staying away from McDonald’s salads! Share this with friends and family who love to eat there. In other recent news, a wonderful photo of President Trump and Melania just emerged and people are loving it!