Family of Boy Thrown from Mall of America Give Update, Say Jesus Saved Their Son

family
April 27, 2019Apr 27, 2019

The family of the little boy who was thrown from a balcony on the third floor of the Mall of America in Minneapolis has released a statement.

On April 27, two weeks after the terrible accident, the family said the 5-year-old boy is showing signs of recovery. The boy, Landen Hoffman, could go home in a couple of months, said the family on Friday, reported Fox News.

The boy is “alert and conscious." Doctors no longer consider him to be in critical condition, said the family's attorney.

“We are now turning our focus to additional surgeries, healing, rehabilitation and eventually a return home, which we hope will happen by June,” the statement said.

The unprovoked attack happened on April 12 when 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda grabbed the child from where he was standing next to his mother and threw him over the balcony. Since the accident, Landen had been in critical condition.

Prosecutors have charged 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda with trying to kill Landen. The boy, who fell 40 feet to marble floor below, is lucky to be alive.

In their statement, the family said they gave all glory to God for their son's recovery.

"[Jesus] saved our son's life and is healing him in the most miraculous ways."

Aranda's motive for trying to kill the child, to whom he had no connections, is unknown. However, he told police he was angry at being rejected by women and the mall and was “looking for someone to kill."

Please continue to pray for Landen. While he is making a miraculous recovery, he still has a long road ahead of him to physically and mentally recover from this vicious attack.