Horrible news was just reported out of British Columbia. According to reports, Canadian musician Jon James McMurray has died following a tragic accident on the set of his newest music video.
According to E-News, McMurray had spent several months working on a new project. The final part of the project included performing a dangerous stunt, something that he had been training for. The 34-year-old was supposed to rap while walking on the wing of the plane, and he had a parachute that he was ready to activate when he jumped off or in the case of emergency.
Sadly, an unforeseen accident took place on the set. While in the air, Jon's weight on the wing caused the small plane to nosedive toward the ground. Below is his management team's statement:
McMurray's management team wrote, "He died filming for a project he had been working on for months. His final act included performing an airplane stunt that included rapping while walking on the wing. He had trained intensely for the stunt, however, as Jon got further out onto the wing of the plane, it caused the small Cessna to go down into a downward spiral that the pilot couldn't correct."
They continued, "Jon held onto the wing until it was too late, and by the time he let go, he didn't have time to pull his chute. He impacted and died instantly."
His managers said, "Jon was an incredibly passionate person and was always smiling. He filled everyone around him with positivity, and never spoke poorly about another person. He truly had a heart of gold. Jon would want to be remembered as a beacon of light to follow your dreams, and would want everyone to continue to be inspired through his music and life message."
Please be praying for McMurray's family during this devastating time. He is survived by his parents, Dough and Jen, his wife, Kali James, and his brother, Jarred. Several people spoke out after his death, saying that he brought a bright light into the world and that he was always filled with positivity. He will be missed.
Share your prayers here! In other recent news, meat and potato products were just recalled at 245 store locations after listeria and salmonella was discovered. Throw them out if you have any of the products listed!