Actor John Singleton is in a serious condition after having a stroke 12 days ago. His publicist told TMZ that despite reports that he had passed away, Singleton is still alive but he isn't showing improvement.
The 51-year-old is in a medically-induced coma, and he is on life support at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. Sadly, he is unresponsive.
According to TMZ, Singleton has been unresponsive to treatment. The family is in the process of establishing a conservatorship for him.
Singleton suffered a stroke last week after returning from Costa Rica and experience problems with his legs. Concerned about his symptoms, he checked himself into Cedars Sinai Medical Center in L.A.
Despite his precautions, he suffered a stroke Thursday in his hospital room. At the time, he was in the ICU, but his family members said the stroke was mild.
According to TMZ, John's mom, Shelia Ward, is asking a judge to appoint her temporary conservator. Ward believes her son is "unable to properly provide for his personal needs for physical health, food, clothing, or shelter."
At the time of his stroke, he was engaged in several business projects. He was in the midst of signing many deals, and his mother wants to handle those settlements for him.
The 51-year-old famed director of "Boyz N the Hood" did not have a medical directive, so he needs a conservatorship. However, his family is currently battling over the issue. TMZ says that one of his daughters, Cleopatra, is trying to block the conservatorship. She is "claiming Shelia is trying to fleece the estate and freeze out his 4 children."
Please join us in praying for Singelton. May he recover his full health.