Here's Why Conor McGregor Has Just Been Suspended But Khabib Has Not

america
October 09, 2018Oct 09, 2018

Conor McGregor is one of the biggest names in all of sports. The young mixed martial artist has risen to fame after becoming a champion in the UFC.

Recently, Conor returned to the Octagon for the first time in over two years. He was slated to fight a tough opponent, Khabib Nurmagomedov, and see if his striking skills could hold up against one of the best wrestlings and grapplers in the world.

https://twitter.com/SunSport/status/1049625335761915904

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1049536190582583297

Conor was submitted in the fourth round by a brutal neck crank from Khabib. Moments later, with adrenaline rushing through everyone's veins, Khabib jumped out of the cage and began attacking some members of Conor's team.

Other members of Khabibs team jumped into the Octagon during the incident. They used the distraction to try and further attack McGregor. Security employees and law enforcement personnel quickly separated the men and the fight went viral online.

https://twitter.com/MirrorFighting/status/1049610490303959041

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1049701020270391296

Now, many people are wondering if Khabib will be suspended from the UFC. The Nevada State Athletic Commission is still withholding Khabib's winnings at this time as they investigate the incident.

When news made headlines that McGregor had been suspended on Tuesday, many fans were shocked. They were also outraged since Khabib has yet to be suspended even though he started the fight. However, Conor's suspension has nothing to do with the brawl that took place after the actual fight. It is simply a suspension to give his body time to heal.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1049685920629305345

"Medical suspensions consider damage to a fighter during a competition, including strikes to the head and body, as well as from locks, holds, and submissions. Medical suspensions are common. According to Forbes, 13 fighters, including McGregor, have been ordered to have time off. McGregor is not allowed to fight for one month, until November 6, and was told he cannot engage in any contact training — sparring — until October 28, according to Forbes," reported Business Insider.

Conor is said to have been calling for a rematch almost immediately after the fight ended. It will be interesting to see if the UFC pairs the two men again in what would surely be a fan favorite fight.

What do you think about this? Be sure to comment and let us know your thoughts on our Facebook page! Also, make sure to check out our trending article about Dianne Feinstein. After the Kavanaugh allegations, the tables are flipping on the Democrats.

Next: Major Development: Feinstein to Be InvestigatedOct 03, 2018