Here’s a Timeline of the Miraculous Rescue of the Thailand Wild Boar Soccer Team

July 10, 2018Jul 10, 2018

All 13 members, including the 25-year-old coach, of the Thailand Wild Boar soccer team were rescued, the last five extracted on July 10, culminating in a three-day effort. The struggle to do so was harrowing, considering that the cave where they were trapped took the life of a former Thai Navy SEAL diver. Here’s a look back on some of the major moments in the team’s 17-day trial.

June 23 – Twelve young members and their coach enter into Thailand’s Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex after a practice match. Flood waters from a rainstorm trapped them deep inside.

July 2 – Divers located the missing team. It had been more than a week after the team disappeared.

July 6 – Saman Kunan, a former Thai Navy SEAL diver died after he ran out of oxygen and passed out. HE was 38 years old.

July 8 – The first four boys were rescued from the cave. The first boy exited at 5:40 local time. Three of his team members followed shortly thereafter. They traveled .62 miles underwater before reaching safety, according to Fox News

July 9 – Four more boys were rescued, bringing the total to eight. The last four boys and their soccer coach remained in the cave. The boys were quickly transported to a hospital for medical treatment.

July 10 – The final four boys and their coach were rescued, bringing the total to 13. Nineteen divers assisted with the rescue operation on Tuesday, according to Narongsak Ostanakorn.

To extract the boys, experts had to guide them through dark, tight and twisting passages. One low point in the cave was too narrow to allow for oxygen tanks to pass while strapped to a body.

The boys appear to be in good health. According to local officials, they’ve asked for “khao pad grapao,” a Thai dish of meat fried with chili and basil, served over rice.

Thank the Lord for this miraculous rescue! Join the conversation on our Facebook page. Be sure to read about Kate Middleton’s appearance at the 10th anniversary of the Royal Air Force.