Health Scare at Disney After Worker Tests Positive for Terrible Infection

america
January 29, 2019Jan 29, 2019

A health scare has just panicked tourists at one of the most famous spots on the planet. According to reports, a worker at Disney World recently tested positive for Hepatitis A.

"Health officials in Florida have been notified after a Walt Disney World restaurant employee tested positive for hepatitis A. The employee, who works at Fort Wilderness Resort’s Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue dinner show, has not worked since being diagnosed last week, according to the resort," wrote Fox News.

Hepatitis A is highly contagious. It is a liver infection that usually spreads through contamination during eating and drinking. The scare is a major incident for the park.

"Those diagnosed with the virus may be sick for several weeks and suffer from fever, fatigue, dark urine, vomiting, joint pain and jaundice. While patients typically recover, the infection can lead to liver failure and death, typically in patients 50 or older. It can be prevented with a vaccine, with cases typically occurring more in developing countries where sanitation and hygiene are poor," reported Fox.

At this time, no reported cases have come out of Disney World that have been linked to the worker. Join us in praying for everyone's health as they work on this incident.

According to Fox 35 Orlando, a spokesman for Disney said that the company is “not aware of anyone else becoming ill and continue to be engaged with the Department of Health to ensure we have all of the right processes in place to protect our cast members and guests.”

What do you think about this? Let us know! Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section of our Facebook page. We truly appreciate your readership! Be sure to stay caught up on the latest news with our trending articles. Today's trending article is: Family of Country Star Eric Church in Mourning After Tragic Death, Please Send Prayers