On late Tuesday night, reports emerged confirming a tragic death. Two-time Grammy-nominated producer and radio personality D.J. Khaled is mourning the loss of a family member.
According to PEOPLE, D.J. Khaled’s fiancée, Nicole, lost her brother. Jonathan Tuck was shot and killed in an apartment building on Sunday.
The New York Police Department said that the 25-year-old had been discovered on Sunday in a second-floor apartment in the Bronx. He was unconscious and had a gunshot wound to the face. (He is pictured on the left in the photo below).
Tuck was immediately taken to the hospital but sadly was unable to recover. Now, police are undergoing investigation over the case.
Khaled and Nicole said, “Our family appreciates the condolences from loved ones and friends. We are requesting privacy during this difficult time.”
One of Tuck’s best friends, Brandon Davis, said, “He’s a good guy. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time…There was no reason for him to be there.”
Davis said that Tuck was supposed to meet up with him to watch the Super Bowl, but never showed up. Davis said that he received a call early the next morning from Tuck’s girlfriend with the devastating news.
He said, “All I can think about is, I’m sitting here celebrating football and my friend is across town dying.”
Tuck had a 1-year-old daughter, a cousin to D.J. Khaled and Nicole’s 15-month old son.
According to NY Daily News, Khaled was at the Super Bowl at the time of the shooting. Nicole Tuck and her mother had rushed to the Bronx immediately after learning of the tragedy.
A family friend said, “He was a good man. He leaves a daughter…He was working overnight stock in New Jersey. We’re hurting. We’re grieving. We’re devastated.”
As of Tuesday night, no one had been charged with Tuck’s murder. We will update here when more information is released.
Please pray for Khaled, Nicole, and the rest of Tuck’s family members as they deal with this sudden loss. In other recent news, a pro athlete is asking for prayers after he lost 4 family members in a house fire.