Martha MacCallum has finished her fair proportion of on-camera reporting — however she’s additionally made a cameo on a widely known cleaning soap opera.
“I as soon as performed a babysitter on All My Kids,” MacCallum, 59, solely revealed within the newest concern of Us Weekly.
MacCallum didn’t keep on with performing, however she did discover a profession within the highlight as an anchor for FOX Information. She joined the community in 2004 and has been the host of The Story With Martha MacCallum since 2017. MacCallum has additionally labored as a producer and author on the each day information present.
The journalist has coated greater than 5 presidential elections and moderated FOX Information’ first GOP debate of the 2024 presidential election on Wednesday, August 23, alongside Bret Baier. The TV occasion introduced in additional than 12.8 million complete viewers, making it the “highest-rated non-sports cable telecast of 2023,” in line with Fox.
MacCallum is understood for having her pulse on the political journalism panorama and breaking information tales — she is going to host Fox Nation’s The Fall of the Home of Murdaugh, which premieres on Tuesday, September 12. Nevertheless, she can be passionate concerning the royal household, her house state of New Jersey and extra.
Scroll down for 25 issues followers may not find out about MacCallum — together with the one rom-com she actually loves:
1. I wakened at 4 a.m. with my mother to look at Princess Diana and [King] Charles [III]’s marriage ceremony and have become obsessive about royal historical past. A favourite a part of my job has been overlaying all of the landmark royal occasions.
2. I as soon as performed a babysitter on All My Kids.
3. I personal a 1986 13-foot mahogany bench, blue inside, Boston Whaler.
4. I’ve a 1973 Patriot Blue Ford Bronco. I really like classic issues.
5. I [enjoy] designing homes and interiors. I can scroll by way of vintage and wallpaper websites for hours.
6. Rising up, I believed Ali MacGraw, Cher and Rene Russo have been supercool.
7. My favourite dessert is vanilla ice cream with sizzling butterscotch.
8. After I was 2 years outdated, my mother took me to see Lyndon Johnson leaving the White Home. I’ve been fascinated by presidential politics ever since.
9. My mother additionally took us to look at the astronauts’ parade in D.C. once they got here again from strolling on the moon. I’m fascinated by house exploration.
10. My favourite factor about being a mother when my youngsters have been small was studying books with them in mattress after they have been bathed and of their jammies.
11. I do know a number of Shakespeare monologues and sonnets by coronary heart.
12. My favourite rom-com is Loopy, Silly, Love. It’s the one one I actually love.
13. I used to be a Grateful Useless fan in school [and] I really like going to rock live shows.
14. My favourite TV exhibits are Mad Males, The Final Kingdom and The Chosen.
15. Stephen Colbert’s spouse, Evie, was my roommate in NYC, and we have been in one another’s weddings.
16. My husband [Daniel John Gregory] is one among eight youngsters. I’m one among three, however I used to be at all times [intrigued by] large households, so I married into one!
17. My favourite weekend [activity] is enjoying as a lot tennis as I can.
18. My favourite a part of my ancestry is the Scottish half. The MacCallums come from the Highlands close to Argyle. I really like kilts, bagpipes and horseback driving.
19. I acquire classic Lilly Pulitzer skirts and shorts and put on them with canvas Tretorns.
20. I competed within the Nationwide Cheerleading Championships at Sea World. We got here in seventeenth. New Jersey cheerleading is an entire completely different factor than it’s down South.
21. I’ve coated six presidential elections — and essentially the most fascinating and consequential one is at all times the following one.
22. Birkenstocks with Scottish cashmere socks and yoga pants are my staple after-work outfit.
23. Pizza is my favourite meals, however particularly when it’s made by my husband.
24. Cape Cod, Jackson Gap and London are my joyful locations.
25. Touring is a ardour for me. I hope to see the pyramids in Egypt quickly.
The Story With Martha MacCallum airs on FOX Information Channel weekdays at 3 p.m. ET. and The Fall of the Home of Murdaugh premieres on Fox Nation Tuesday, September 12.