On Tuesday, April 17, former First Lady Barbara Bush passed away. The 92-year-old had been suffering from several illnesses, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure.
Though she has left this life on earth, Barbara Bush will continue to be remembered as a well-loved First Lady. The mother of 6 and wife of 73 years has left behind a legacy of wisdom.
Below are ten of Barbara’s inspiring quotes that she made throughout her life. Let us know which one is your favorite!
1. “Never lose sight of the fact that the most important yardstick of your success will be how you treat other people- your family, friends, and coworkers, and even strangers you meet along the way.”
2. “You don’t just luck into things as much as you would like to think you do. You build step by step, whether it’s friendships or opportunities.”
3. “If human beings are perceived as potentials rather than problems, as possessing strengths instead of weaknesses, as unlimited rather than dull and unresponsive, then they thrive and grow to their capabilities.”
4. “Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally give their life’s blood. But everyone has something to give.”
5. “Whether you are talking about education, career, or service, you are talking about life. And life must really have joy. It’s supposed to be fun.”
6. “Why be afraid of what people will say? Those who care about you will say, ‘Good luck!’ And those who care only about themselves will never say anything worth listening to anyway.”
7. “Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.”
8. “You have two choices in life; you can either like what you do or dislike what you do. I have chosen to like what I do.”
9. “People who worry about their hair all the time, frankly, are boring.”
10. “At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, not winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a friend, a child, or a parent.”
Which of these quotes is your favorite?! Let us know! Please continue praying for the Bush family during this time. Only two days after Barbara’s death, the Bush family welcomed a new family member!