Us Weekly has affiliate relationships so that we may be compensated for links to products or services.
Mini skirts are great for dressing up and looking chic in warm weather. They’re so cute, but unfortunately, they come with a number of caveats.
We have to be careful when wearing mini skirts so we don’t accidentally expose too much skin — meaning we can’t get truly comfy in them. When the wind blows, we need to sit in a certain way and keep them down. We would love to have the look and comfort of a skirt, but with the security and comfort of shorts! Well, who said we can’t? The 17 pairs of flowy shorts (and skorts) below prove that it’s possible!
1. Our absolute favorite: The wrap effect of these ruffled LETSRUNWILD shorts makes it look like a skirt. Extra points for the slender waist and excellent color selection!
2. We also love: That little bit of fluid flow added to the hem of these Mosucoirl shorts seriously levels them up — and they were already on a super high level!
3. We Can’t Forget: The puckered fabric, shirred waistband and shiny buttons on these Dokotoo shorts truly make them a can’t-miss pick for Use!
4. Seriously sporty: Are you looking for something for tennis practice, or for a run on the track? This luogongzi short lets you work out in style
5. Flower Power There’s nothing like a dainty floral print on a summer piece. These BTFBM shorts are just irresistible!
6. Dress up These Floerns shorts are like a shorter, more feminine version of slacks. Wear these shorts to make you look like a boss!
7. Pom Pom Party How adorable are these Grace Karin shorts? They have two rows of pom-poms, not just one!
8. For the Boho Babes Embrace your inner (and outer) boho babe with these patchwork style MakeMeChic shorts!
9. The Leather Look Faux leather is a must-have in any fashionista’s wardrobe right now, and we’re not just talking about jackets. You need a pair of shorts like these SCHHJZPJ high-rise shorts!
10. We love Skort Skorts! You want something a little longer? This knee-length KORALHY skort is great for golfing, brunching and beyond!
11. Running to Buy These Jack Smith running shorts are comfy, flowy, adorable and even quick to dry, making them an A+ find for summer!
12. Beautiful in Leopard You know we can’t resist a leopard print. That’s why we’re so in love with these Floerns shorts!
13. Layer up Layering in summer doesn’t mean piling on the outerwear. It means grabbing these Ladiyo shorts with their layered scallop hem!
14. Jean With It, Rock With it: Most denim shorts are pretty tight, but this pair of denim Fuinloth shorts is looser and comfier for more of a skirt look!
15. Vaca Vibes: The botanical print on these ONLYSHE shorts has UsLooking to book our next vacation to the tropical islands ASAP!
16. On the Dot We are sure that we initially thought these Verdusa shorts with dotted Verdusa motifs were mini skirts. We thought we’d accidentally searched the wrong term!
17. Flavor your Passion: These BMJL shorts add on an extra bit of ruffle to each side to make the leg openings flare out more like a pretty skirt!
Are you looking for ways to enhance your closet? You can find more ideas below.
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team strives to highlight products that readers might find useful or interesting. This includes face masks, self-tanners and Lululemon style leggings. The selection of products and services is not meant to be an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in this post.
Shop With Us may receive products from manufacturers to test. Us Weekly also receives compensation from the manufacturer for products featured in our articles. This does not influence our decision on whether or not a product is recommended or featured. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Happy shopping!