Fans Outraged OverABC’s Surprising Announcement About ‘Roseanne’

america
June 22, 2018Jun 22, 2018

Fans were saddened when ABC canceled its hit sitcom “Roseanne” after the star’s racist tweet. On Thursday, the network made a surprising announcement regarding the upcoming fall season schedule.

A new show, called “The Conners,” will air in place of “Roseanne,” but will not have Roseanne Barr in the program’s lineup. According to PIX11, ABC ordered 10 episodes of the spinoff for the fall.

Fans of the show have taken to twitter to voice their thoughts on whether it is a good idea for the spinoff to happen:

ABC made the announcement after Barr agreed to relinquish any creative or financial participation in it. She did so to save the jobs of 200 cast and crew members had been in limbo after “Roseanne” was canceled.

“I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from ‘Roseanne,’ the actress said. “I wish the best for everyone involved.”

Barr’s controversial tweet led to the cancellation of the show last month. Tom Werner, executive producer of the original series, which ran from 1988-1997, and of the revival, said he was pleased the deal was reached and the advent of exploring “stories of the Conner family.”

The concern that fans may be asking is how Roseanne’s character will be replaced, since she was the matriarch and key figure on the show. Currently, John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman will continue to act.

“We have received a tremendous amount of support from fans of our show, and it’s clear that these characters not only have a place in our hearts, but in the hearts and homes of our audience,” the cast said in a joint statement.

What do you think of this? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page. Be sure to read about the rare footage of Princess Diana in an epic photo posted for Prince William’s special day