A breaking news story is coming in today after a high-rise building collapse in Istanbul, Turkey. According to reports, multiple people have been killed. Rescuers are working to help all those who may still be trapped in the rubble.
"An eight-story building collapsed in Istanbul on Wednesday, killing at least two people, Turkish officials said. Rescue workers pulled six others out of the rubble and were working to free more who were trapped," reported the AP.
The building contained 14 apartment with 43 people. It is unclear how many were in the structure at the time it went down. Shocking footage can be seen below as the building was destroyed.
“Racing against time, the teams are working, making great sacrifices,” said Yildirim, the current parliament speaker who is running for mayor of Istanbul in Turkey’s March 31 local elections.
“We will work without interruption until the search and rescue operation is complete,” Yerlikaya, the governor, told reporters. “Our prayers are with our brothers and sisters who are inside. Our hope is that we will bring them out safely.”
The incident occurred at roughly 4 P.M. local time. The cause of the collapse is under investigation. Reports state that the top 3 floors of the building had been built illegally.
"Turkey’s broadcasting watchdog later announced the prosecutor’s office had ordered a media blackout, citing the investigation into the collapse. Turkish television stations then immediately ended their live broadcasts from the scene," according to the AP.
Please join us in praying for the family embers of those who have lost their lives. We also pray for the rescuers and those who are still trapped.
What do you think about this? Let us know! Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section of our Facebook page. We truly appreciate your readership! Be sure to stay caught up on the latest news with our trending articles. Today's trending article is: Barron Trump's Latest Photo Has People Going Wild, 'When Did That Happen?'