22 Sickened, Some Hospitalized After Disney Pool Poisoned

consumer
August 21, 2018Aug 21, 2018

Over the weekend, emergency responders were called to a Disney hotel after several people reported sudden illnesses. The incident took place at Disneyland Paris's New York Hotel. 

According to the Daily Wire, at least 22 guests began suffering symptoms and were taken to the hospital. The sicknesses were linked to the hotel's swimming pool. 

Reports confirmed that guests who had gone swimming in the pool began experiencing respiratory problems. At least four of the people that experienced the symptoms were sent to the hospital. 

The issue was over a "bad batch of bleach and sulphuric acid added to the swimming pool tank," according to The Local. The site reported that that combination creates a harmful, poisonous chlorine gas which caused the illnesses.

They wrote, "Firefighters and emergency services were quickly called to the scene to care for the intoxicated people, four of whom had to be taken to hospital due to the severity of their symptoms."

As soon as the emergency responders were called to the hotel, the management promptly shut down their pool. All of the rooms nearby were evacuated as well to ensure that the harmful fumes would not affect anyone else. 

No further reports have been given regarding the status of those who were hospitalized, but it appears that everyone who was poisoned will be alright. We will continue to update as more information is made available. 

In other recent news, thousands are pouring in tear-filled tributes after a heartbreaking update about Mollie Tibbetts.