A tragic incident has just struck New York City. It happened on one of the coldest nights of the entire year, according to Fox News.
12 people are now dead, including multiple young children, after a fire broke out and blazed through a fire in an apartment in the Bronx. Please join us at this time in praying for those who lost loved ones. This terrible tragedy will need God's healing grace in order to bring comfort to the hearts of the surviving family members.
"The fire was 'historic in its magnitude' because of how many people perished. Excluding the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the apartment fire was the worst blaze in the city since 87 people were killed in a fire at a Bronx social club in 1990. In 2007, 10 people, including nine children, died when a fire caused by a space heater tore through a four-story home in the Bronx," according to Fox.
Apparently, the fire was able to burn up a stairwell after a door on the first floor was left open. At that time, the flames grew exponentially and those who were trapped simply didn't have enough time to escape.
“People had very little time to react,” the New York City Fire Commissioner said, adding that residents were not able to escape the fire by using that staircase. Our hearts go out to every person who lost a loved one here and everyone who is fighting for their lives."
At this time, officials have not released the names of the victims. However, it was reported that children as young as 1, 2, and 7 were killed in the blaze. Officials are reporting that the fire was caused by a child playing with a stove. Please pray with us!
What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts! Be sure to read our latest article about a major recall from Claire's that is affecting young girls everywhere!