In the middle of August, the disturbing news was reported that Chris Watts had been charged with murdering his wife and two young daughters. Shanann, 4-year-old Bella, and 3-year-old Celeste had gone missing before being found dead.
On Thursday, August 16, it was revealed that Chris, who had previously pleaded for his family’s safe return, had actually murdered them. However, he kept to a different story line.
Though Watts admitted to killing his wife, he said that it was because she had killed her daughters. Although the media and jury did not buy the story, he stuck to it. Now, in a change of events, Chris Watts has changed his story again.
On Tuesday, November 6, 33-year-old Chris Watts pleaded guilty to killing his pregnant wife and his children in exchange for potentially being spared from the death penalty.
According to PEOPLE, Watts pleaded guilty to nine charges including five counts of first-degree murder, one count of unlawful termination of pregnancy, and three counts of tampering with a dead body.
On November 19, Watts will be formally be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Tuesday was the first time that Chris Watts said the word “Guilty.” Because he did, he may be spared from the death penalty, but will undoubtedly spend the rest of his life in prison.
Had you been following along on this story? The deaths of Shanann, Bella, and Celeste were absolutely tragic. Please continue praying for their loved ones as they continue to walk through their grief.
Share your prayers here! In other recent news, President Trump stood silent for 7 minutes at his campaign rally for an unbelievable reason.