Famous World Champion Dies at Only 9-Years-Old Just One Month After She Won Her Title

July 11, 2018Jul 11, 2018

An extremely sad news story is making headlines around the globe. A famous world champion has passed away just one month after she won her coveted title.

However, this may not be the world champion you're thinking of. Zsa Zsa, the English Bulldog who was crowned "World's Ugliest Dog" of 2018 has died. According to her owner, Zsa Zsa died in her sleep and left her family "devastated" and in tears.

Zsa Zsa (named after Zsa Zsa Gabor the actress) is the canine who took home the crown for the least attractive dog in the world. The bulldog won based on her extremely long tongue, her bowed out legs, and crooked teeth that stick out of her smile.

Megan Brainard and Jesse Larson, Zsa Zsa's owners, describe her as a very well-behaved canine companion, but also "messy." Not only was her new title a victory, but also the fact that she was rescued by Brainard from a puppy mill. The "beauty" in the contest is how they celebrate the fact that many of the dogs have been rescued from shelters and puppy mills.

The winning duo traveled from Anoka, Minnesota to Petaluma, California to take part in the competition over the weekend. The nearly 30-hour drive was worth it, in the end, to come home with a first-place win and $1,500 in prize money.

Zsa Zsa stood out among the tough competition, which included dogs of every shape and size. Many of the contestants were made up of dogs with crooked teeth and tails, patchy tufts of hair, and many with no hair at all. Even in this light-hearted completion, one couldn't help but see all of these pups as adorable in their own special way.

Please join us in praying for everyone who knew and loved Zsa Zsa. We ask that God comforts them during this sad time. Also, please join us in praying for all neglected and abused dogs across the globe. We pray that they find peace and love.

What do you think about this? Let us know. Also, be sure to read our breaking news article about the horrible food recall that has already infected hundreds of people.