On April 1st of 2018, believers across the globe celebrated the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He died on the cross for our sins to give us eternal life, and there were several celebrities who publicly (and unashamedly) acknowledged that memorable day.
Here is a list of 8 celebrities who praised Jesus on Easter Sunday this year:
1. Derek Carr (starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders): Carr is very well-known for his Christian faith — he shares Bible verses via social media often, preaches at church events during his off-time from the NFL, and has previously stated that he wants to be a pastor after retiring from professional football.
2. Chip and Joanna Gaines (“Fixer Upper” stars, business owners): The Gaines couple has also been very vocal about their Christian faith. In 2017, they participated in an "I Am Second" film, a series of short films that showcases celebrities' faith in God.
3. Tyler Hubbard (country singer): Hubbard, one half of the "Florida Georgia Line" duo, and his wife have publicly spoken about God's role in their life.
4. Candace Cameron Bure (American actress, author, former television co-host): Fans look up to this actress for her bold Christian faith and values. During her time on "The View," Bure was the Christian/conservative voice on the show, and additionally, she recognizes Jesus in nearly all of her media appearances.
5. Tim Tebow (professional sports star): Tebow was widely considered the "most Christian player in the NFL" back when he was with the Denver Broncos. His "Tebow" gesture of prayer became nationally famous and still to this day, he publicly acknowledges God on multiple occasions. In 2016, he released a Bible study called "Shaken," which became a New York Times bestseller.
6. Ainsley Earhardt (Fox News host): Aside from her Easter post, Earhardt shares her religious views on television. She often praises President Donald Trump for his involvement with Christianity.
7. Chris Pratt (award-winning actor): The "Guardians of the Galaxy" star has made national headlines several times for his Christian faith. Last year, he praised Jesus in front of thousands of fans and earlier this year, he faced criticism for a comment about prayer.
8. Carson Wentz (quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles): Wentz, among several other of his teammates, consistently shift the spotlight from himself to God. He recently took part in releasing a Bible study through the YouVersion app, where he shared his powerful testimony and favorite Bible verses.
He is risen! From Faith Family America, we hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend.
What do you think about these celebrities' Easter remarks? Share your thoughts in our Facebook comments.
In other Easter-related news, First Lady Melania’s Easter decorations are absolutely stunning.