Setting the record straight. Bachelorette contestant Logan Palmer addressed the “creative” conspiracy theories about his sudden exit from Gabby Windey Rachel Recchia‘s season.
“This is not something I expected to get this reaction it has. There’s, like, these very creative, very artistic theories about what actually happened to me,” the videographer, 26, said with a laugh during an appearance on the Thursday, September 1, episode of the “Talking It Out with Bachelor Nation” podcast. “I did indeed get a positive COVID test.”
Logan caused some drama among his fellow contestants when — despite previously accepting a rose from Rachel, 26, — he decided to pursue Gabby, 31, midway through the season. After a tense group date in Amsterdam with the rest of the men hoping to win the ICU nurse’ heart, host Jesse PalmerIt was announced that the Californian native had been sent home after testing positive to COVID-19.
Logan confirmed the truth, even though Logan’s sudden departure from the show sparked conspiracy theories and raised eyebrows among many viewers. “I [was] back on the ship … I’m getting my suit ready and [the producers] were like, ‘Logan, step away. Go to your room right now,” he told podcast hosts Mike Johnson and Bryan Abasolo. “Luckily, the rest of the guys [who were on the date] were OK.”
He continued: “I was just as bummed out and just as underwhelmed [by]As everyone else, I made my exit. … After all that, after the emotional roller-coaster that I put other people through, after the emotional roller-coaster that I was on, for it to end that was like an absolute dart to my heart. … It was terrible.”
His BacheloretteLogan admitted that even though the ending was not what he expected, he enjoyed reading all the fan theories about the reasons behind the show’s cancellation. “I’m not a producer plant,” he said, before joking, “People think I’m like Nicolas CageFrom National TreasureWith a massive plan. [Or] some massive conspiracy.”
Logan, who was the only one BacheloretteThe contestant who decided to switch his woman of choice faced a lot online criticism after his exit. “I will always be someone who will steer with their heart whether it is popular or not. But in the future, I want to lead with intention and pursue with purpose,” he wrote via Instagram last month, adding that watching the show as it aired gave him “a different perspective” on the situation. “I am ready to bring those lessons back into my life.”
The reality TV personality continued, “I have struggled with my mental health since i was 12 years old, and this process was more difficult in that arena than I ever thought possible. I think that everyone can relate to the challenges of destructive thoughts and constant doubt at one time or another. But not everyone talks about it. … Acknowledging my mental health and how it affects those around me will be a priority in my life moving forward. It wasn’t all roses, but I am grateful for it all.”
The Bachelorette Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC ET