Two weeks ago, the sad news broke that legendary rockstar Ozzy Osbourne had been hospitalized again. At the time, his wife, Sharon Osbourne, confirmed that he was in the hospital following complications with the flu.
Because of the illness, the former Black Sabbath singer was forced to call off the UK and European legs of his No More Tours 2. Now the Birmingham-born performer has canceled planned performances in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, according to the BBC.
Sharon Osbourne said in a tweet that her husband was through the worst of his illness. However, his doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for six weeks.
“Ozzy recently developed pneumonia & has spent some time in hospital. He is through the worst part,” says his wife. “His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for full 6 weeks”
A few days ago, Sharon thanked people for their support of her husband. She wrote, "Thank you to everyone for all your get well messages and support for Ozzy. We are overwhelmed and truly touched by everyone’s thoughtfulness."
Sharon Osbourne tweeted in early February, "As some of you may have heard, Ozzy was admitted to hospital following some complications from the flu," she wrote. "His doctors feel this is the best way to get him on a quicker road to recovery. Thanks to everyone for their concern and love."
The news comes days after the Black Sabbath rocker, 70, announced that he would be postponing the entire European leg of his No More Tours 2 world tour with Judas Priest due to illness.
"Ozzy Osbourne has been forced to postpone the entire UK and European leg of his No More Tours 2 tour on doctors' orders," his publicist said in a statement at the time. "This follows yesterday's (January 28) announcement that Osbourne was postponing the first four dates of the tour because of the flu. After seeing his physician again, Osbourne has been diagnosed with a severe upper-respiratory infection which the doctor feels could develop into pneumonia given the physicality of the live performances and an extensive travel schedule throughout Europe in harsh winter conditions."
In a personal statement, Ozzy revealed that he is devastated by the need to postpone his tour.
"I’m completely devastated for having to postpone the European leg of my tour. It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to s—. First the staph infection in my thumb and now coming down with the flu and bronchitis," he wrote. "I want to apologize to all of my fans who have been so loyal over the years, my band, my crew and to Judas Priest for letting you all down. However, I promise the tour with Judas Priest will be completed. It’s being rescheduled right now to start in September. Again, I apologize to everyone. God Bless. Love you all, Ozzy."
This isn't the first complication for the rockstar. He was hospitalized in 2018 after a staph infection nearly killed him. Please pray for a full recovery for Osbourne.