Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida plans to open a new Star Wars themed land in 2019 (click here to see plans for Star Wars at Hollywood Studios).
Contractors from a third party have started to survey guests about a possible resort hotel, which would take place on an “actual” Star Wars Starship.
Disney has shared some concept art and details about what the resort and the Star Wars experience would include:
- The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the Star Wars universe
- Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
- Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters, live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
- Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
The luxury accommodations while staying in the Walt Disney “starship would include:
- All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
- Featured entertainment & dinner shows
- Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, ﬁtness area, onboard cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
Overall, the experience would include:
- 2 nights in an immersive luxury resort that looks and feels like a Star Wars spacecraft (set check-in and check-out dates so everyone is immersed on the same “story” timeline)
- Room(s) that accommodate(s) up to 4 people, with an interactive “view” (galaxy or pool/atrium)
- Every meal from checking-in on day 1 to check-out on day 3 (5 meals total, including 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 2 signature dinners with evening entertainment)
- 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2
- Story-driven entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay (including live character chance encounters, and the opportunity to watch or engage in the story through things like personalized secret missions, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training)
It is estimated the entire two-day experience would cost roughly $900-$1000 per guest.
The presence of the promised Star Wars Themed Land makes this survey seem to be a “pretty serious” project.
What do you think about this idea? Comment with your opinions and thoughts on our Facebook page!