After Shocking News About Her Show, Roseanne Releases a Statement

america
June 22, 2018Jun 22, 2018

On Thursday, June 21, ABC announced that they would be moving forward with a spinoff of "Roseanne." However, that show wouldn't include the show's namesake Roseanne or it's original star.

https://twitter.com/billboard/status/1010150452799864832

Instead, the show would have regulars like John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman. The actors will appear in the new sitcom titled, "The Conners."

"ABC says Barr will have no financial or creative involvement," reported ABC News. Fans have been outraged over the decision.

Roseanne Barr issued a statement about the new show. She was cordial about the decision. However, she did refer to a settlement with ABC. The terms of that settlement have not been disclosed.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1010253855643271170

"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from 'Roseanne,'" she told ABC News via statement. "I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved."

Barr's show was abruptly canceled last month after the comedian sent a tweet that compared Valerie Jarret, an adviser to former President Obama, to the Muslim Brotherhood and “Planet of the Apes.” She later deleted the tweet and apologized.

ABC said "The Conners" will air on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. It will use the same writers as the previous show where possible.

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1010233476052856834

"The spinoff will continue to portray contemporary issues that are as relevant today as they were 30 years ago...We have received a tremendous amount of support from fans of our show, and it’s clear that these characters not only have a place in our hearts, but in the hearts and homes of our audience,” according to the ABC statement.

Apparently, a show without Barr is what the producers had been hoping for since the scandal in May. Just like Barr, they hoped this would allow everyone involved to keep their jobs.

“It's unfortunate because the writers did pass on other jobs to take this job and nobody really knows yet what kind of compensation they're going to get. Everybody is a little bit on edge about how it's going to turn out," "Roseanne" executive producer Dave Caplan told The Hollywood Reporter in May.

https://twitter.com/ewnewsbahamas/status/1010270079500668930

Roseanne has been treated much more harshly than Peter Fonda, who tweeted that President Trump's young son Barron should be taken from his mother and put in a camp with pedophiles. While Fonda was forced to apologize, he still has a movie coming out that has not been widely boycotted.

Next: Peter Fonda Apologizes for Vile Comments About Barron Trump, Will He Be Punished Like Roseanne? Jun 20, 2018