Us Weekly has affiliate relationships so that we may be compensated for links to products or services.
We try to dress like New York City fashionistas. Even if you are already a fashionista, it can be hard to look at the style of others and make a second decision about your outfit. City-chic fashion is a unique mix of effortless and original. You want it to look effortless, even if you spent hours getting dressed.
We don’t want you to actually spend an hour getting dressed though, so we’ve rounded up 17 awesome fashion picks for you that will have you feeling NYC-chic in no time. Because not everyone can afford expensive boutiques, we kept them affordable. Click here to shop!
17 Fashion Finds For New York City Style
1. Our absolute favorite: First things first! A white button-up shirt is a must before you buy any other items. This Runcati collared shirt will be the most versatile piece in your wardrobe!
2. We also love: On the other hand, if you want more of a statement piece, this SOLY HUX crop top has an artsy, abstract print we adore!
3. We Can’t Forget: Two fashion tips that never fail: Raising the neckline and dropping your shoulder seams are two fashion tips that never fail. Swap out your basic t-shirt for this SweatyRocks top.
4. Our absolute favorite: Oversized is the name of the game right now, and this Versear dress is scoring win after win. It looks like it was taken straight from a Brooklyn art gallery!
5. We also love: You’ll never go wrong with this Kaximil bodycon dress thanks to its high neck and flattering ruching. Layer any type of outerwear over it!
6. We Can’t Forget: You could definitely wear this R.Vivimos tie-shoulder dress to a nice event — but in true NYC fashion, you should 100% wear it more casually as well!
7. Our absolute favorite: Say hello to your new favorite piece of fall clothing. The Dokotoo jacket adds an edge to corduroy with its raw hemline.
8. We also love: When the weather really cools down, it’s time to switch to a longer, fuzzier coat. This Angashion faux-fur coat comes in so many shades!
9. We Can’t Forget: Winter is cold in the city streets — and in just about every other state. Time for an extra-long puffer — spend under $100 with this Shanfetl coat!
10. Our absolute favorite: There’s no skipping over these Tronjori trousers if you really want to elevate your wardrobe. They’re number one bestsellers for a reason!
11. We also love: Of course, a vital part of any fashionista’s wardrobe right now is wide leg jeans. These Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. jeans are high in quality but low in price!
12. We Can’t Forget: Bold dressers, this one’s for you. Check out this pair of color-block Mistshopy pants!
13. Our absolute favorite: A list of top-quality lug sole boots is essential for a NYC-worthy outfit. These Dream Pairs boots come in four versatile hues!
14. We also love: A pair of modern loafers is also a good choice. They can be dressed up or down. These Aerosoles loafers are so comfy too!
15. We Can’t Forget: We always recommend sneakers. Try a pair with a platform, like these PUMA kicks!
16. Our absolute favorite: A beanie can add an extra layer to any outfit. This Yanibest beanie is our pick because it’s affordable and lined with satin to help protect hair!
17. We also love: Chains have been trending lately, and they’re such an easy, inexpensive addition to any outfit. You can wrap this KunJoe-branded chain belt around your waist, or around your hips.
Want to see more? Explore all of Amazon Fashion here and check out all of Amazon’s Daily Deals for more great finds!
Are you looking for something more? See more of our favorite sites:
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. Shop With Us is a team that highlights products and services that readers might find interesting or useful. This includes purses, plus size swimsuits, purses and women’s sneakers. It also offers gift ideas for everyone in your family, including wedding-guest outfits, purses and bridal shapewear. The selection of products and services is not intended to be an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in this post.
Shop With Us may receive products from manufacturers to test. Us Weekly may also be compensated by the manufacturer of the products featured in the article. This does NOT influence our decision to recommend or not recommend a product or service. Shop With Us operates independently of the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Have a great shopping experience!