70+ People Fall Severely Ill After Eating Popular Fruits Sold at Walmart, Costco, Etc

consumer
June 20, 2018Jun 20, 2018

Over the last few weeks, dozens of people around the United States have fallen ill after eating contaminated fruit from various grocery stores. At least 70 people have become sick after eating different kinds of pre-cut melon contaminated with salmonella.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the pre-cut melons were sold at several stores including Costco, Walmart, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens, and Whole Foods.

Now, they are recalling all of the pre-cut melons that could be affected. According to TODAY, the recall includes several melons including watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and any fresh-cut fruit medley which contains any one of the previously mentioned melons.

Reportedly, each of the salmonella-contaminated melons are linked back to the Caito Foods facility located in Indianapolis, Indiana.

The CDC said, “Recalled products were distributed to Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, and Ohio.” Beyond that, at least one other state, Tennessee, has been reporting ill people as well.

The CDC warned all consumers to get rid of their pre-cut melons, especially if they do not remember where or when they purchased them.

They said, “Check your fridge and freezer for them and throw them away or return them to the place of purchase for a refund…If you don’t remember where you bought pre-cut melon, don’t eat it and throw it away.”

The CDC reported that it can take days or weeks for symptoms to show up, so please be cautious. They also noted that every year,  around 1.2 million people fall ill due to salmonella poisoning. At least 23,000 people are hospitalized and 450 people are killed each year in the U.S. due to the illness.

If you have any pre-cut melon in your fridge or freezer, get it out of there!  Share this information with your family and friends as well for protection! In other recent news, an ultra-famous 43-year-old actress just gave birth to a precious little boy!