5-Year-Old Boy Tests Positive for Meth After Eating Halloween Candy, Protect Your Kids

america
October 30, 2018Oct 30, 2018

Halloween is a scary time of the year. However, for one family in Ohio, things just took a terrifying turn.

"A 5-year-old boy in Ohio is expected to make a full recovery after he ate a piece of Halloween candy that was possibly laced with drugs. Braylen Carwell, who was hospitalized for a suspected seizure and later tested positive for methamphetamines, had gone trick-or-treating on Sunday before he suddenly fell ill," reported Fox News.

Their young son has tested positive for meth after eating his Halloween candy. It is a developing story that is making headlines around the nation. Parents are being cautioned to make sure and check their children's candy for any suspicious signs.

“The left side of his face was just droopy and then he fell and then he couldn’t move his left arm,” Julia Pence, the boy’s mother, told WSYX-TV. “And he didn’t know where he was, he didn’t know what he was doing.”

This is a truly horrible story to be reporting in the midst of what should be a fun, and safe, time for children in America. Officials are currently investigating the incident and looking into the neighborhood where the young boy had been trick-or-treating.

"The boy’s mother said she’s counting her blessings that she 'got to bring my son home okay and alive,' adding that she can still see the effects of the drug in her son. 'You can tell he is still coming down from it,' she told the news outlet. 'Because one minute he is all hyper and the next minute he is tired,'" she said.

Please join us in praying for this young family. We ask that God comforts them as they endure this difficult time. We also pray for all kids who will be going door to door this Halloween. May they have a safe and fun time.

What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section of our Facebook page. Make sure to catch up on the latest trending news by reading our other articles here.