A complete resume! Melissa RiversShe rose to fame alongside her mother Joan Rivers as a TV host, critiquing celebrities’ outfits. Fashion Police Through the years, as an unstoppable mother/daughter pair.
“I miss her every day and people are like, ‘Do you hear her talking to you all the time?’ I’m like, ‘Unfortunately, yes,’” Melissa, 54, exclusively told Us Weekly September 2018 – She lost her mother four years ago. “If you have a good relationship with anyone, you will miss them every day and especially with a mom. You’re going to miss them all the time.”
She added at the time: “Grief is so isolating yet it’s universal. It’s something everybody goes through at some point in their lives. I can’t believe it’s already four years, especially because I’m still going through storage!”
The “Group Text with Melissa Rivers” podcast host, who is the mother of 21-year-old son Cooper, used her mother’s legacy as the inspiration for her new memoir. Lies My Mother Told me: Tall Tales From a Short Woman is set for a Tuesday, April 12, release.
Scroll down for more information about Melissa
1. I play tennis, paddle tennis, pickleball.
2. I’ve been riding horses my entire life. Now I’m learning how to play polo.
3. I was an assistant coach for my son’s fourth-grade football team. Now I’m a lacrosse mom.
4. I can fall asleep anywhere — literally anywhere.
5. Hence, I’m a nap enthusiast.
6. Everything tastes better when I use Green Tabasco hot Sauce.
7. From high school through my twenties, I ate chocolate Pop-Tarts as breakfast every day.
8. I’m seriously clumsy.
9. I have a scar left from surfing.
10. I had a great crush on Mark HamillAfter seeing the original Star Wars. I wore my Star Wars T-shirt when I met him!
11. For my Juilliard School audition, I sang the Oscar Mayer bologna tune. Shockingly, I didn’t get in.
12. I’m a die-hard Eagles fan.
13. I’m addicted to Crystal Light iced tea.
14. I can’t eat anything that resembles what it looked like when it was alive.
15. I worked as a summer worker at a beach club, setting up umbrellas and chairs.
16. I have three tattoos.
17. I believe that the right haircut can change my life.
18. I love cashmere sweaters.
19. My uniform is a white T-shirt and jeans.
20. Vodka and Fresca are my favorite drinks. I add a twist of lime if I’m feeling fancy.
21. I don’t like it when my foods touch each other on my plate.
22. I’m allergic to bee stings.
23. Thousand Island dressing is what I love.
24. I could recite my mother Joan Rivers’ act by the age of 8 and can still do it now.
25. My first job in the entertainment business was as a research assistant at Rescue 911. I also did a college internship. Entertainment Tonight.