Moving up. Beth BehrsShe opened up about things fans may not know about her and revealed that she worked as an assistant for a late icon in Hollywood.
“I worked for Joan Rivers in college,” Behrs, 36, exclusively told Us Weekly. The star of CBS’ The Neighborhood was studying at from UCLA’s School of Film and Television — where she earned her bachelor’s degree in critical studies in 2008 — when she picked up a job working with the Fashion Police host. Below, she reveals how the famed comic, who died 2014, used cooking for her and giving her fancy gifts.
Another famous funny lady wrote her a note, which she has since had frame while she told. Use she’s dying to go to a dinner party at a certain Oscar winner’s home.
Even though she’s a foodie, Behrs hopes to reduce her impact on the environment. “Food waste is a huge no-no in [my] house,” she explained before revealing how she’s trying to create less trash.
That’s why she has teamed up with Schick Intuition Bamboo. The sustainable razors feature 75 percent recycled steel blades, 100 percent recyclable paperboard packaging, which is helping Behrs keep her household — which she shares with husband Michael Gladis, who she married in 2018 — as plastic-free as possible.
Keep scrolling to learn 25 things you don’t know about Behrs:
1. To my youth, I wore cowboy shoes 2 Broke GirlsAuditions [director] Michael Patrick King said I must buy a pair of heels — the first I’d ever owned — for the screen test.
2. We are committed to being a plastic-free home, so I switched out all my plastic razors for the Schick Intuition Bamboo razors. They come in recyclable and certified sustainably-sourced paperboard packaging, have a unique handle made with 70% renewable bamboo, and give me the same close, smooth shave I’m used to. We also use reusable produce, grocery and sandwich bags.
3. Apart from acting, horses consume my life. I have a rescue mare named Belle, who’s part mustang. I always say, “Who rescued who?”
4. Food waste is a big no-no [my] house. I compost daily and eventually have delicious soil for my garden.
5. My childhood bestie is Matt Doyle, who’s starring in CompanyBroadway.
6. I recently discovered pickle ball and I’m truly obsessed.
7. My greatest audition and heartbreak was for Eliza Doolittle. My Fair LadyOn Broadway, but not getting the part.
8. UCLA awarded me a B.A. I studied Theater, Film and Television. I wanted to make documentaries. Still do.
9. In elementary school, I used pretend to be sick so I could stay home and watch I Love Lucy reruns.
10. Growing up, I was a complete jock. My soccer team named me “Biggest Beast in the Smallest Package.”
11. A good fart joke is something I love. Always have. Always will.
12. Lionsgate purchased my first comedy screenplay in 2013.
13. I was a waitress in real-life for a very brief time. After I poured 60-ounce beer glasses all over a table of 10, I quit.
14. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks. Yoga nidra, a meditation practice that I discovered, saved my life. I now teach. [it] for the Obé fitness app.
15. I’m happiest and calmest when I’m in nature or reading a beautiful book.
16. Pasta is my favorite food group.
17. My celebrity crush is Stanley Tucci. I’d give anything to go to a dinner party at his house.
18. Joan Rivers was my college roommate. She used to cook me eggs and make me jewelry.
19. My sister and I created an equine therapy program in support of survivors of sexual abuse.
20. Every day, I make a huge green smoothie. It’s the only way I’ll eat my vegetables.
21. My grandma was the one who taught me physical comedy. She used her teeth to laugh at fancy restaurants.
22. My dream job would be one that is similar to my current one. The Carol Burnett Show. A handwritten note from her is kept on my desk, and it is framed.
23. My favorite quote is “Laughter is carbonated holiness” by Anne Lamott.
24. My husband and i have kept bees for over 8 years.
25. Every morning, I try to write one poem. It is a way to feed my soul.