All in regards to the LOLs! Skye Townsend is stepping out of character to share some private info with Us Weekly.
The A Black Woman Sketch Present actress, 29, has been taking the world by storm since being forged on the HBO hit in 2021. The sketch comedy sequence — which is government produced by Issa Rae — is ready in a limitless magical actuality filled with dynamic girls and hilarious superstar visitors.
Townsend, for her half, recurred as numerous characters all through season 2 however was promoted to a sequence common the next yr —”Season 3, episode 3, that’s once I actually got here into my very own as a forged member,” she completely tells Us. The third season, which premiered in April 2022, featured practically 100 characters in simply six episodes — and greater than 15 of them had been performed by Townsend.
“It’s actually attention-grabbing going to work on daily basis and taking part in a brand new particular person as a result of your voice modifications, your mannerisms change … it’s such as you present up as a brand new particular person day by day,” the California native shared with WrapWomen following the season 3 premiere. “As an artist, I’m consistently stretching and simply making an attempt to problem myself to go even additional than I did the day earlier than.”
For Townsend, it’s about sending a really particular message to Hollywood. “I hope that after they see the present, they go, ‘Oh, wow, Black girl can have vary,’” she advised the outlet. “It doesn’t have to only be the stereotypical good friend who’s within the nook … I may be simply as witty and nerdy and unusual as a Mike Myers or a Jim Carrey.”
Myers, 59, and Carrey, 61, are simply two of the various icons she hopes to be in comparison with all through her profession. The comedic juggernauts — together with Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Kym Whitley, Carol Burnett, Countess Vaughn and Fred Armisen — are among the many actors she “admired probably the most” rising up. Now, Townsend hopes to have the same sort of versatility.
“I’d like to do a biopic that requires singing or play a villain in a Disney film,” she tells Us. “Creating my very own tasks can also be on the high of my checklist.”
When she’s not making individuals giggle, she’s most likely flexing certainly one of her different many expertise — “My alternate career could be a make-up artist,” she reveals — or having fun with a few of her favourite hobbies. “I’m actually good at headshot images, portray portraits and making the perfect grilled shrimp on Earth,” she shares, including that her favourite meals to prepare dinner are “shrimp tacos and vodka sauce penne.”
With a schedule as busy as Townsend’s, nevertheless, there additionally must be time for relaxation and leisure. “To decompress, I bathe, instantly get into mattress and make amends for humorous movies that associates have despatched me,” she explains, noting that Saturday nights are spent “both at residence in mattress or having a Paloma at my favourite low-key bar.”
Season 4 of A Black Woman Sketch Present is at the moment airing on HBO.
Learn on to study extra about Townsend:
1. I had a horrible worry of driving for a very long time. My mother handed down her outdated Lexus SUV to me as soon as I lastly conquered my fears. I’ve but to put money into one other automobile. If it ain’t broke, don’t repair it!
2. My favourite episode of A Black Woman Sketch Present is season 3, episode 3. That’s once I actually got here into my very own as a forged member.
3. My favourite meals to prepare dinner are shrimp tacos and vodka sauce penne.
4. My favourite objects in my wardrobe are my flowy pants!
5. Simon Birch, Austin Powers and B.A.P.S. are my high motion pictures.
6. [I love my] bed room as a result of me and my agency mattress received a particular thang goin’ on.
7. One magnificence product I can’t stay with out is brown lip liner.
8. On a typical Saturday evening, you’d discover me both at residence in mattress or having a Paloma at my favourite low-key bar.
9. On a Sunday afternoon, I’d most likely be on a hike to get in my 10,000 steps.
10. One place I’m dying to go to is Jamaica for the meals, the water and the boys!
11. My father, Robert Townsend, and I are really greatest associates and know means an excessive amount of about one another. My favourite reminiscence with him might be after we secretly received matching tattoos.
12. My favourite guide is 8,789 Phrases of Knowledge.
13. My superstar crushes rising up had been Lil’ Bow Wow and Mos Def.
14. My alternate career could be a make-up artist.
15. The tune that brings again the perfect recollections is “I’m Sprung” by T-Ache.
16. My go-to karaoke tune is “No Girl, No Cry.”
17. My superb consolation meals is soul meals or Cuban meals. On a lazy day, Popeyes will do!
18. I’m actually good at headshot images, portray portraits and making the perfect grilled shrimp on Earth.
19. To decompress, I bathe, instantly get into mattress and make amends for humorous movies that associates have despatched me.
20. One of many [Black [Lady Sketch] Present] digital camera crew members gave me a patch from their division to stitch onto a jacket as a memento, which was actually particular.
21. Each time Robin Thede, Gabrielle Dennis and I shoot the biblical sketches, we’re in stitches. The improv is so enjoyable to look at unravel.
22. Love After Lockup and 90 Day Fiancé: Love in Paradise are my responsible pleasure TV exhibits.
23. My No. 1 magnificence tip is you’ll at all times be prettier when you’re type.
24. The comedians I admired probably the most rising up had been Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, Kym Whitley, Carol Burnett, Countess Vaughn, Fred Armisen, Mike Myers and Jim Carrey.
Join Us Weekly’s free, day by day publication and by no means miss breaking information or unique tales about your favourite celebrities, TV exhibits and extra!
25. I’d like to do a biopic that requires singing or play a villain in a Disney film. Creating my very own tasks can also be on the high of my checklist.