Crooning through Life! Jesse McCartney has been a musical marvel since his early days of belting out hits “Beautiful Soul” and “She’s No You” — and he’s shown no signs of slowing down.
“Performing live on stage again was amazing, thank you @MaskedSingerFOX! I can’t wait to do it again next May on the New Stage 2022 Tour!❤️,” the 35-year-old Summerland alum — who released his album New Stage earlier this year — wrote via Instagram while announcing his forthcoming live concerts in December 2021.
McCartney’s cross-country tour kicks off on May 3 in Cincinnati with opening acts Jamie Miller Casey Baer. Performances are set to run through June 25.
The former Dream Street member’s latest chart-topping hits have, in part, been inspired by his wife, Katie PetersonHe wed his wife, Judith, in October 2021.
“She’s certainly a big muse for this album and you can hear it lyrically. It’s too specific not to be about a certain person,” the Masked Singer Only alum told Us Weekly In August 2021, his long-term love. “I think the new album coming out is some of my best writing and some of the most poignant writing. [It] really talks about what it’s like for me as an artist, growing up in the industry and what it’s like being in a relationship and being in the industry. I think [it’s] really accessible for people.”
Scroll below to learn more about the “Better With You” crooner, who shared 25 fun facts exclusively with Us:
1. My wife and I still haven’t taken our honeymoon. We’ve narrowed it down to four places: Indonesia, Argentina, Croatia or Greece. We’re all over the map!
2. My favourite songs [have] got to be a Beatles song, maybe “Blackbird” or “Here There and Everywhere.”
3. My proudest moment was watching my wife, Katie, walk down the aisle.
4. As a child, I was quieter and more serious. As I grew up, my extroverted personality developed.
5. My parents once took me to the movies as a child, but it was too full. Instead, they bought tickets. Ace Ventura Pet Detective, thinking it was a kid’s flick. I had memorized the dialogue and could recite it to second grade teachers. The parent/teacher conferences must have been fun!
6. Social media can be a powerful tool. However, I also think it’s limited people’s comprehensive thinking and writing, particularly for our youth. People can read 280 characters and suddenly be an expert on a topic. This leads to a lot more people being confused, which can be frustrating.
7. I love sushi, but there’s nothing better than a large cheese pizza and bottle of red wine.
8. I love dogs!
9. My favorite [way]I like to spend my time building memories around a new hobby or activity. [binging]A show.
10. My favorite way of exercising [is] jumping rope and lifting weights.
11. My pet peeve is When people forget to use their turn signals.
12. The passage of time scares my stomach.
13. My wife’s family sells all the flowers at Costco. It inspired me to learn how to arrange flowers.
14. My first paid job was when I was 9 years old, when I performed in a Broadway touring company. The King and I. I played the role of Louis.
15. My father used to have me cut the grass on half an acre of land with a stand-up mower. At eight years old! He didn’t want show business going to my head.
16. I remember seeing Billy Joel Visit www. [Madison Square Garden] when I was kid growing up, and thinking, “I’m going to do that someday.”
17. Baking is my weakness. I’m like Paul RuddIn This is 40 eating a cupcake over the garbage can.
18. I binge eating the entire thing right now. Shark Tank series.
19. [My favorite movie snack is]You can find more information atAlways eat large, buttered popcorn. But the kicker is that I drive to a movie theater that’s Seven miles further than the closest one, simply because they have a slushie machine.
20. I prefer coffee, sometimes tea.
21. I love black licorice.
22. I hate feeling sand between my toes.
23. Postmates is my favorite app.
24. The thumbs up is my most frequently used emoji.
25. I’m an amateur pitmaster. I can almost smoke any type of material on my smoker.