Nobody was hotter than Ja Rule within the early 2000s — and the Grammy nominee proved to Us Weekly that he nonetheless has the “It” issue.
The 46-year-old rapper (actual identify: Jeffrey Atkins) dominated the charts and the radio within the Y2K period with prime hit after prime hit, together with “At all times on Time,” “Livin’ It Up,” “Put It on Me,” and plenty of extra. Regardless of his many earworm tracks, the “Holla Holla” artist — recognized for his distinct, gravelly voice — nonetheless will get mistaken for different hip-hop stars from the early 2000s.
“I’m mistaken for different celebrities on a regular basis,” Rule tells Us, revealing that “Ludacris, Sisqó and LL Cool J are a couple of.”
The “Mesmerize” rapper doesn’t have that downside himself — he can very a lot inform the distinction between his three favourite celebs. “I used to be most starstruck after I met the three Mikes,” the New York native shares, itemizing the celebrities one after the other: “Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson and Michael Jordan.”
Rule, who shares youngsters Brittany, 27, Jeffrey, 22, and Jordan, 17, with spouse Aisha Atkins, is a household man by and thru, telling Us that his “favourite single” is 1999’s “Daddy’s Little Child” — the monitor he wrote for his daughter.
Nonetheless, the hip-hop icon makes it recognized that Ja Rule continues to be Ja Rule. When sharing his favourite piece of recommendation, the “Thug Lovin’” rapper notes, “It’s not in regards to the cash, it’s in regards to the MONEYYYY!”
Maintain scrolling to be taught extra about Ja Rule — together with his grill grasp expertise, his favourite piece of bijou and extra:
1. The meal I cook dinner the perfect within the kitchen is pizza, however I’m the grill man. Lamb chops, shrimp — you identify it, I can grill it.
2. My first job was being a rapper. I didn’t have an actual job earlier than that. I’ve been fortunate to have the ability to do what I like.
3. “Daddy’s Little Child” is my favourite single. It’s a tune I wrote for my daughter.
4. I used to be most starstruck after I met the three Mikes: Michael Jackson, Mike Tyson and Michael Jordan.
5. The perfect piece of recommendation I’ve ever obtained is: It’s not in regards to the cash, it’s in regards to the MONEYYYY!
6. Sunday is my day to calm down and unwind. Usually, you’d discover me on my bed room sofa with my spouse.
7. My favourite sport to play is golf. My operating days are over, so I like to stay with golf.
8. My first live performance was New Version.
9. My favourite ebook is Freakonomics.
10. I ought to say my wedding ceremony ring is my favourite piece of bijou, however actually, it’s my ICONN chain.
11. The artists who impressed me essentially the most rising up had been Run-DMC.
12. The quotes I reside by are: “One of the simplest ways to foretell the long run is to create it” and “Gradual movement is healthier than no movement.”
13. I’m good at every thing, however I’m a grasp Cee-lo curler.
14. My go-to films are Kingpin and Friday.
15. I’m mistaken for different celebrities on a regular basis: Ludacris, Sisqó and LL Cool J are a couple of.
16. I like the possession that comes with the NFT house. We wish to empower the following era of creators and collectors.
17. The primary splurge purchases I made had been my properties.
18. My favourite piece from The Painted Home’s first NFT challenge Black is Stunning assortment is “Time Out, Once more?” It’s a Black Stewie from Household Man.
19. My recommendation for rising rappers is, purchase a house first! Simply kidding — personal your artwork.
20. A lot is going on with [livestreaming entertainment company] ICONN Media. Tune in on November 21 for our subsequent reside Vibes live performance, with legendary artist Rakim.
21. My Supply awards meant essentially the most to me as a result of they had been the hip-hop award of that point. Doing it for the tradition.
22. One expertise I’d wish to strive is browsing.
23. The perfect items I’ve obtained are my youngsters from my stunning spouse.
24. My greatest fan is a 13-year-old lady named Ashanti. It’s nice while you see your music continues to be inspiring youthful generations.
25. I’d’ve cherished to do one thing musically with Prince. He was an icon.