From hosting HBO Max’s FBoy Island Her podcast, eponymous, is available here Nikki Glaser has proved no topic is off limits, but there’s still a lot that fans wouldn’t know about her. Now, she’s exclusively revealing all to Us Weekly.
The Welcome Home Nikki Glaser? 38-year-old personality started her career doing stand up comedy, before moving on to other reality and scripted TV shows.
“The real difference right out of the gate is that it’s a comedy. The part that I love so much about it is that I was able, as the host, to bring a comedic voice to the show,” Glaser exclusively told Use The second season of HBO Max’s dating series, “Max”, will air in July 2021. It began airing earlier this month. “The women will get to date 24 men — 12 nice guys hoping to find The One and 12 self-proclaimed FBoys hoping to win some money.”
She added at the time: “We watch these shows and we laugh amongst each other, and we laugh with the people we’re watching them with. We make fun of it, but the shows rarely make fun of themselves or acknowledge the fact that what’s happening is hilarious. I was able to do that as the host of the show and the people I made the show with were down to, kind of, change the format.”
Click the image below to find out more about the comedian.
1. I started playing guitar two years ago and it’s my current obsession.
2. I was 19 years old when I was caught shoplifting. I haven’t done it since (gotten caught!).
3. When I was younger, I suffered from terrible stage fright. I would sleep for weeks before a classroom presentation, and then shake the whole time.
4. I’m the voice of the DMB Radio channel on SiriusXM. Because of my love for music, I begged for this job. Dave [Matthews].
5. I began stand-up at the age of 18 and have not stopped since.
6. My first TV appearance was on Last Comic Standing when I was 20. I waited in the snow for open auditions in Chicago.
7. Six years ago, my family became vegan. I miss cheese and meat but I did it because of my love for animals.
8. I took off my shirt on stage the other evening as a joke and it was amazing how liberating it felt.
9. My goal is for someday to do a topless comedic special.
10. My love language? Excruciating foot rubs.
11. My favorite song to listen to when I’m in my feelings is “Moon Song” by Phoebe Bridgers.
12. My favorite song to listen to when I’m happy is “A Lifetime to Find” by Wilco.
13. I would like to start a rescue parrot.
14. I was the first to vote for Dancing With the Stars It was humiliating in 2018
15. I have ASMR [autonomous sensory meridian response]You can watch videos of soft-spoken ladies flipping through magazines every night to fall sleep.
16. The YouTube clip I show everyone is Fleetwood Mac singing “Silver Springs” live. You’ll see why.
17. At the age of 24, I met my first boyfriend.
18. My phobias include centipedes and air shows, as well as drunk men on diving boards.
19. I can’t understand football.
20. I do The Nikki Glaser Podcast four days a week from my apartment.
21. When I was first asked to be on FBoy IslandI believed they wanted me to be one the contestants. I was thrilled.
22. Because I was afraid, I moved back to St. Louis to be with my parents during the pandemic. My E! Reality show, My E! Welcome Home Nikki GlaserI followed their return home.
23. These are the most hilarious TV shows Veep, Conan Without Borders And 30 Rock.
24. I have upwards of 25 Taylor Swift shirts.
25. I’m secretly hoping fans sneak my HBO comedy special, Good clean filterIn the same way that I snuck shows like, Real Sex When I was younger.