Us Weekly is an affiliate partner, so we may get compensation for certain links to products and/or services.
Do you know how certain outfits can make you feel happy and confident? It could be that the colors are a major factor. It’s more than just liking a shade though — it may be psychological. It’s this effect that’s led to one of 2022’s top fashion trends: dopamine dressing!
High levels of dopamine are associated with happiness. As Healthline put it, “A flood of dopamine can produce temporary feelings of euphoria.” How can the color of your clothing affect that? “Color plays more of an influential role in our lives than we realize,” Mountain Visa Psychology reports. “It can affect our minds, bodies and overall mood.”
A sunny yellow can make you feel happy and warm, while a brighter green can make you feel refreshed and healed. Dopamine dressing means that you fill your wardrobe with these cheerful hues to help you feel happy and carefree. Take a look at our picks below and get in on this amazing trend!
1. Our absolute favorite: Dopamine dressing is a popular trend. UseRealize why neon pieces are so in-demand right now. This Artfish tank is bound to make you smile!
2. We also love: This hot pink LEIYEE top twists, drapes and cuts out at all of the right spots. Amazing from every angle!
3. We Can’t Forget: This flowy TECREW cami will soothe you with its beautiful blue — and keep you feeling creative thanks to its fun pattern!
4. Bonus: This summery Floerns blouse has puff sleeves, which we all know make it a great choice. UsFeel bright and confident!
5. Our absolute favorite: It’s easy to see why this STYLEWORD faux-wrap dress has so many reviews on Amazon. Its rainbow stripes are stunning and dopamine-boosting.
6. We also love: A lovely lime green with all-over fringe. This River Island mini dress from Nordstrom is a must for your next night out!
7. We Can’t Forget: We love the look of large florals. This ZESICA tiered ZESICA dress is even more amazing with its pink and red hues!
8. Bonus: This silky Halfword mini dress is basically the definition of decadent draping. You can choose from many mood-enhancing colors!
9. One more: We simply couldn’t leave out this cutout Kaximil tank dress. You are about to take some of the most memorable vacation photos you have ever taken!
10. Our absolute favorite: This fiery tie-dye SheIn maxi skirt will be beautiful on the beach. These high slits are perfect!
11. We also love: These PESION biker shorts are bold and lively but also add in an element of shine to really deliver on the dopamine!
12. We Can’t Forget: Who doesn’t love the flouncy pleats of a tennis skirt? This Alo mini skirt from Nordstrom is shockingly versatile too!
13. Bonus: The retro pattern on these flared SOLY HUX pants is funky and fabulous. They are available in many different colors and patterns.
14. Our absolute favorite: One of the reasons this pillowy JW PEI bag is so popular? There are so many amazing color options!
15. We also love: Opting for a colorful pair of sunglasses — with a fun shape — can make a huge difference in your look and mood. We love these Maxdot sunglasses in a heart shape.
16. We Can’t Forget: How fun are these oversized rainbow Sinvini earrings? Complements will be flooding in!
17. Bonus: Accessory hair accessories are a must-have Use, and this color-block Goody headband is an adorable find (for under $10)!
Want to shop for more product recommendations? Check out these other top picks:
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team is here to highlight products and services that our readers might find useful and interesting, such as face masks and self-tanners, Lululemon leggings and all the best gifts you can get for everyone in your family. The selection of products and services is not meant to be an endorsement by Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned in this post.
Shop With Us may be offered products to try out by manufacturers. Us Weekly also receives compensation from the manufacturer for products featured in our articles. This does not influence our decision on whether or not a product is recommended or featured. Shop With Us is independent from the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Have a great shopping experience!