Us Weekly is an affiliate partner, so we may get compensation for certain links to products and/or services.
A common misconception about loose-fitting dresses is that they’re not as flattering as fitted styles. Yes, this may be true some of the time — but when you find frocks that are loose in the right places, they can be even more captivating! In fact, boxier dresses can look slimming if the design is executed properly — and they’re far more comfortable and easy to wear.
Looser dresses can also be a key summer piece. Simply throw one on, reach for a trusty pair of sandals and you’re ready to roll! We decided to look at some of our favorite places to shop for new clothes that suit almost every body type. The frock selection below will help you find the right dress for you.
1. Our absolute favorite: This Free Assembly dress is cut in a flowy swing style that’s both comfortable and elevated — plus, we adore the lower neckline — on sale for just $19 at Walmart!
2. We also love: Timeless and classic, this short shirtdress from WAYF will never go out of style — marked down to $49 at Nordstrom!
3. We Can’t Forget: Shoppers are obsessed with the ruffle tiers and exaggerated sleeves on this swing dress from Dokotoo — starting at $19 at Walmart!
4. Versatile Everyday Dress This sleeveless frock from Como Blu is a basic tank dress, but there’s a ruched detail at the hem which makes it feel more elevated — on sale for $15 at Walmart!
5. Best Ruffle Dress: We’re in love with the ruffles all over this Aoysky dress, and the empire waist is ideal for all body types — starting at $33 on Amazon!
6. Top Casual Picks: If you’re in the market for a dress to wear for summer day dates, this one from YUETAN is our top pick — just $29 on Amazon!
7. Our absolute favorite: Not only is this surplice dress a major closet staple, it’s available in a wide range of sizes — starting at $20 on Amazon!
8. We also love: Though this WAYF dress is more fitted at the waist, it’s cinched in with smocked material that’s seriously comfortable — $79 at Nordstrom!
9. We Can’t Forget: This DYMADE swing midi dress is another example of a flowy dress that has fitted elements to create a beautiful silhouette — starting at just $14 at Walmart!
10. Best Wrap Dress You’ll feel comfy and confident while wearing this wrap dress from Lulus, and the bright yellow shade is dreamy for the summertime — $48 at Nordstrom!
11. Favorite Simple Style We love how simple the design of this Grace Karin dress is, because it’s easy to make your own with your favorite accessories — starting at $27 on Amazon!
12. Go-To Sultry Outfit: The sweetheart neckline on this Sofia Vergara dress is absolutely stunning, and the romantic vibes make for an elegant date night ensemble — just $36 at Walmart!
13. Our absolute favorite: If you’re looking for a seriously unique maxi, this Free People cutout dress is one you should check out — on sale for $101 at Nordstrom!
14. We also love: Shoppers say this super loose Treasure & Bond maxi looks great on its own or layered over different tops — on sale for $24 at Nordstrom!
15. We Can’t Forget: This Scoop halter dress is made for any type of fancier summer bash you may have coming up — just $24 at Walmart!
16. Ultimate Comfortable Pick When you’re feeling lazy but want to look chic, reach for this flowy tiered tent dress from The Drop — starting at $57 on Amazon!
17. Maxi: Favorite PrintThis dress is from YESNO comes in a slew of stunning shades and plenty of festive, fun patterns — starting at just $20 on Amazon!
Want to see more? See our other recommendations below:
See more of our picks & deals Here!
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team is here to highlight products and services that our readers might find useful and interesting, such as face masks and self-tanners, Lululemon leggings, and Lululemon-style leggings, and all the best gifts you can get for everyone in your family. However, the selection of product and service is not intended to be an endorsement of Us Weekly or any celebrity mentioned.
Shop With Us may receive products from manufacturers to test. Us Weekly may also be compensated by the manufacturer of the products featured in the article. This does not influence our decision on whether or not a product is recommended or featured. Shop With Us is independent from the advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at ShopWithUs@usmagazine.com. Have a great shopping experience!