Nearly every household in America is familiar with the disinfecting hydrogen peroxide. Most people use it to disinfect their cuts, scrapes, and wounds. It is used as an oxidizer, bleaching agent and disinfectant.
Kids usually love to watch the bubbling effect it has when poured into the sink or down a shower drain. However, most children don’t care for the burning sensation hydrogen peroxide can produce when it meets an open wound.
Beyond those effects though, did you know that hydrogen peroxide has other amazing uses in your household? Here are 10 of the most amazing and beneficial uses for it!
1) Bleach Your Hair: Hydrogen peroxide is more gentle than household bleach, hydrogen peroxide is also great for lightening hair. To get a classic “sun-bleached” look, simply spray hydrogen peroxide over damp hair and let it soak in for 10 – 15 minutes before rinsing out, according to one report.
2) Whitening Teeth: Are your teeth not as white and bright as you would like? Simply mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to make a homemade whitening paste that will remove stains from teeth when used daily, reports one source.
3) Antiseptic Mouth Rinse: Use a cap full of hydrogen peroxide as a mouth rinse to help whiten teeth and kill germs that cause bad breath.
4) Disinfect Toothbrushes: Most people forget to clean the very thing they rely upon to clean their own mouths! To do so, soak toothbrushes in hydrogen peroxide to kill staph bacteria and other germs common to the bathroom environment.
5) Clear Up Acne: For a clearer complexion, use hydrogen peroxide as a face rinse to kill the bacteria that cause acne and help clear your complexion.
But, the most amazing use of hydrogen peroxide is something you probably aren’t expecting! Click NEXT PAGE to find out what it is!