Trump Administration Announces Cut to United Nations and Aid to Christians

politics
October 27, 2017Oct 27, 2017

America Magazine reports that on Wednesday, Vice President Mike Pence officially announced that the Trump administration will divert funds away from the United Nations and instead provide it to Christian and other nonprofit organizations. The reason? Pence cited the increasing persecution of Christians throughout the Middle East. The Trump Administration, he says, feels that it is necessary to do something about it. 

According to Pence, Christians and all who are persecuted in the Middle East rely on international institutions. America, he says, is able to help these persecuted Christians directly.

“Our fellow Christians and all who are persecuted in the Middle East should not have to rely on multinational institutions when America can help them directly,” the vice president said at a summit in Dallas hosted by In Defense of Christians, according to America Magazine.

When delivering his remarks, the Vice President was speaking to In Defense of Christians, a nonprofit that defends and advocates for the interests of Christians living in the war-torn and Mulism dominated the Middle East.

“And tonight, it is my privilege to announce that President Trump has ordered the State Department to stop funding ineffective relief efforts at the United Nations,” he continued. “From this day forward, America will provide support directly to persecuted communities..."

When speaking on Wednesday, Vice President Mike Pence did not outline any details about how much money the Trump administration would be re-directing or in what particular ways this money would be used. But on Thursday, during a press conference, State Department Spokesperson claimed that details are being worked out and that the Trump administration would not shy away from giving generously to faith-based N.G.O.s. 

This isn't the first time that President Trump has announced that he is pulling funding from the United Nations. In fact, news broke earlier this month that President Trump is pulling the United States out of the United Nations agency that defends and advocates for abortion, gay rights, and what one Christian website calls a "radical" sex education program for young children.

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations (UNESCO) has been for years promoting a radical pro-abortion and pro-LGBT agenda to be forced onto children. The organization believes that young children should be taught how and where to obtain abortions. 

The organization believes that children should get a "non-judgmental and accurate information on sexual orientation and gender identity/expression."

According to LifeSite, the organization believes that it is "never too early" to begin "talking to children about sexual matters." Consequently, children as young as five years old, says the organization, should be taught about the details of sex and human sexuality. 

The removal of the United States from this controversial group will take effect on December 31, 2018. 

In breaking news, Mandalay Bay hotel workers report "evil" found in shooter's hotel room.

Next: Mandalay Bay Hotel Workers Report 'Evil' in Shooter's Hotel RoomOct 27, 2017