Before she was even 25, Tomi Lahren became a star of the conservative alternative news outlet scene, rising to fame on the “One America News Network” and Glenn Beck’s “The Blaze” TV show and website. And then it all came crashing down earlier this year.
After Lahren made a pro-choice comment on “The View,” she was essentially fired by Beck, although Beck said her comment was not the reason. Speculation abounded over why the two firebrands were no longer getting along, running the gamut from Beck’s alleged jealousy at her fame to Lahren’s alleged difficult-to-get-along-with personality.
What followed next was a legal battle over who owned the hugely popular videos and Facebook page Lahren created. In the end, Lahren came out ahead but still found herself jobless.
In an interview in May, Lahren mentioned two mainstream media networks she’d be happy to work for if they offered her a job.
“I don’t care what the outlet is. I would work for MSNBC if I could be me and be authentic and genuine, and do what I do," she said, adding that she’s not “some empty vessel” for someone else to mold.
But she mentioned Fox News as her top choice, explaining, “Of course I would [work there]. I mean, that’s the mecca.”
Now she’s gotten her wish, according to the Washington Examiner. Lahren signed a contract Wednesday with Fox News to be one of their contributors.
What’s that mean exactly? She’ll focus on contributing to Sean Hannity’s hugely popular conservative Fox show but will also have an unspecified “signature role” in the news network’s online realm.
That’s a huge news for someone so young who did not gain her fame by mainstream media means. According to The Hill, Lahren will get to voice her opinion on Hannity’s show at 10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Are you excited to see her in this role? Meanwhile, a hugely famous Hollywood actress has just donated $1 million to help victims of Hurricane Harvey.