Ted Cruz: 5 Things That Might Surprise You About Me
Presidential candidate, Ted Cruz, holds a pretty formidable presence. He's not afraid to take on opponents, and he's incredibly well-versed in the Constitution, foreign affairs, and American history. But there's always the other side to a person: their quirks, personal experiences, and the things that make them endearingly unique.
Here, in the latest Us Weekly magazine, Ted Cruz gets the spotlight for the "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" bulletin. Here are 5 we think are really interesting.
1) When I was in high school, [my parents' company] went bankrupt. I took out loans and worked two jobs to pay for Princeton.
2) At my daughters' [Caroline, 7, and Catherine, 5] birthday parties, their favorite game is Attack the Daddy. It's more terrifying than you might think.
3) [My wife's] family is all vegetarians. They were horrified when I told them the Cuban tradition on Christmas Eve is to roast a whole pig.
4) I've watched every episode of Criminal Minds, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, and Breaking Bad.
5) When I'm away from the family, in Washington, D.C., my dinner is a can of soup. I have dozens in the pantry.
How interesting, right? You can read Cruz's full list here!