Popular Pizza Place Under Fire After Rat Feces Found Baked in the Crust

consumer
February 09, 2018Feb 09, 2018

Earlier this week, a popular pizza place came under fire after a customer discovered the unimaginable in his pizza: rat feces. A customer revealed that a "Hot-N-Ready" pizza he had purchased at a Little Caesar's restaurant in Indianapolis had mice droppings baked into the crust. 

Little Caesar's is a vastly popular pizza chain, known for its quick service and cheap prices. Most people, even fans of the pizza place, have always been aware that Little Caesar's pizza is not of the highest quality. Now, many are wondering if the cheap prices are even worth it. 

According to Fox News, Jonathan McNeil and his girlfriend had purchased their pizza near downtown Indianapolis and were taking it home to eat. On the way, McNeil's girlfriend noticed that something was wrong. 

He said, "She looked at the pizza and realized there was like doo-doo looking stuff on the pizza.'"

When the couple returned to the pizza establishment to ask for an explanation, everyone looked confused. 

McNeil said, "All of them were looking at my pizza dumbfounded as if they didn't know what's going on. I said, 'That's mouse doo-doo on the bottom of my pizza."

After, McNeil decided to call the IMPD and the Marion County Health Department. They conducted an emergency inspection, the location's business license was temporarily suspended, and they closed shop.

Janelle Kaufman, an employee of the Marion County Health Department, said, "We did find that there were rodent droppings and violations that warranted us doing a license suspension."

Derek Trackwell, the health department supervisor, said, "There was a good amount of it. It was very obvious that there were numerous mouse droppings in the pizza. It's not very often that we run into that amount of evidence of mouse droppings in a food product."

According to the inspection reports, the location had been dealing with mice since last August. Since then, they had been cited a few times but never shut down, until now. After a night of cleaning and working with the health inspectors, however, the location was able to reopen. 

For now, the health department believes that the store is up to health code and that there is no risk to potential customers. What do you think about this? Have you ever had an experience like this with food? Let us know! In other recent news, an actor from "Home Improvement" just died after battling a long illness

Next: Actor Best Known for Role in 'Home Improvement' Dies After Long IllnessFeb 07, 2018