Popular Breakfast Food Recalled After The Weirdest Thing Ever Was Found Mixed In With It
The world has seen a lot of food recalls recently. However, a new recall was just issued for one of the weirdest reasons we have ever heard about!
Frozen hash browns, sold under a few different brand names, are being recalled after bits of golf balls were foudn mixed in with the hash browns! (yes, pieces of GOLF BALLS!)
"McCain Foods USA, Inc. announced today it is expanding the voluntary recall of retail, frozen hash brown products that may contain golf ball materials, specifically hard plastic or rubber pieces, that despite our stringent supply standards may have been inadvertently harvested with potatoes used to make this product. Consumption of these products may pose a choking hazard or other physical injuries to the mouth," read a statement about the recall.
So far, no injuries have been reported from the golf ball pieces.
According to Mcall.com, "McCain Foods, USA Inc. is taking this action as a result of two additional consumer complaints of the hard plastic or rubber pieces. The original April 21, 2017 recall that included Roundy’s and Harris Teeter Brand Hash Browns has been expanded to include the Wegman’s Brand 28-ounce bag of frozen O’Brien Hash Browns (UPC 07789036523). The Wegman’s product being voluntarily recalled were manufactured on October 21, 2016. The production code date that can be found on the bag is B161021. The Wegman’s product was distributed in the states of Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Distribution occurred after the date of October 21, 2016. "
What do you think about this?! Let us know in the comments section of our Facebook page!